1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made A Working Backup Copy Of Sims 2 University!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DaZzA89, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DaZzA89

DaZzA89 Member

I don't know if anyone else has done this yet, but from the forums i've looked at, no one has seemed to. I was mucking around with it trying to get my backup to work in case i screwed up original and actually got the backup working. I made an image using Alcohol 120% version 1.9.2 build 1705 on Safedisc 2/3, slowest speed possible and that went pretty fine it was getting the cd after it was burnt to work that was the problem. What i did was mount the image using Daemon Tools 3.47 and enable Safedisc emualtion. I then opened CloneCd 5.1.0.0 and copied cd on the fly using protected game cd on slowest settings. Once i'd burnt the disk i put it in and the Sims 2 University logo came up but then an error came up saying that there had been an internal error in the Sims2EP1.exe .I figured this must have been because of the Safedisc 4.00.001 protection that has been installed on the Sims2EP1.exe (you'll see this if you scan the disc using A-Ray Scanner). All i did then was turn on Hide CDR Media on CloneCd and it worked with no problems at all :D. Tell me if anyone has success or not using this same process.

2. ally7

ally7 Guest

I got it to back up and play no problem, just by using Clone CD 5.1.0.0, using read to image then write from image on basic game cd setting. I wrote at 4X. Of course it needs "Hide CDR Media" to be ticked in the clone cd tray when playing.

Ally

3. 007Luther

007Luther Member

Okay, here is the question. Im trying to make a working copy of my game and I am not sure if I am doing it right. I have CloneCD But I don't know what else I am supposed to use. Can ya help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.
    The Sims 2 University Expansion

4. 007Luther

007Luther Member

Okay, Ive made a copy of cd1 with CloneCD v5.1.0.0 but when the game begins to start I get a microsoft error. I used the cd to install and it worked just fine but not to play. What can I do.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You should install off the original ;)

6. DaZzA89

DaZzA89 Member

what do u meen by the microsoft error. like does it crash and come up with the 'send error report' box, coz if it is i dun think u got hide cdr media enabled on clonecd tray. i had same problem when i first tried 2 get it working but i checked dat and it works fine.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  7. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

how big is sims 2 university?
    and what is it on a cd or dvd disc?