1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mafia errrrggggh Please help!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by smokestak, Feb 4, 2003.

1. smokestak

smokestak Guest

umm i'm extra confused now! can someone please tell me what the heck this is trying to tell me to do?? it is an nfo for mafia's bin and cue files:

Just extract the archives and burn the .cue file with your favorite CD-Recording
    software. Then copy the crack from CD to installation directory and enjoy !

I cannot figure out what the hay they're tryin to tell me to do! please help me.. i really wanna get this bad boy up and runnin!!

By the way... this site rocks!!! thanx everybody for runnin an amazingly informative site!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2003
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I suppose the files are ZIPped/RARed/whatever (I think you should know what a compressed archive is).

These are the steps:

1) Unzip the files (WinRAR is almost universal for that). After unzipping you should have on your HD a .BIN/.CUE file set.

2) Burn the .BIN/.CUE on a CD-R (or maybe a CD-RW, if this is your first step on image burning and you do not want to risk wasting CDs). Follow the 'quick guide to burning'.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20980

3) From what I read, I assume that you should install the game on a certain directory on your HD. The installed game will not play because it's protected. But there should be some files on your burned CD that do not belong to the original game. They have been modified to remove the protection (usually these are exe files having the same name of the original file but different in size and - maybe - date. Copy them on your PC, overwriting the old ones that were installed on your HD, and you should have done the job.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2003
  3. smokestak

smokestak Guest

Yes! thats it! i love u aldaco12 and everyone else on this site! ohh this game rockssss