1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnavox MWR20V6

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by tufftommy, Jan 19, 2007.

1. tufftommy

tufftommy Guest

I would like this thread to be specifically for the Magnavox MWR20V6, any problems or solutions users find can here.

2. skb33

skb33 Member

I am trying to copy video from my camcorder to a DVD using my MWR20V6 so that I can send home movies to my husband in Iraq. I have been able to copy to a DVD but now I can only view the DVD on the MWR20V6 and not any other player or computer. What do I need to do different?

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

If it was recorded to a DVD+R or DVD-R, you need to finalize the entire disc. That converts the unfinished disc into a proper DVD-Video disc. If it was recorded on a DVD+RW or -RW (re-writable) you will need to reauthor it on a PC into DVD-Video format, as rewritables normally recording into the so-called "VR" format, which DVD player don't play. Let me know if you have any trouble or questions.

4. skb33

skb33 Member

It was recorded on a DVD+R. So....what do I have to do to finalize it? Unfortunately I can't find my owners manual! :( I really appreciate your help. We have a 2 year old and her daddy would like to see how much she has grown! :)

5. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I couldn't locate a user's manual on the Magnavox site; they don't have any material pertaining to the product. Maybe it's too new.

Try looking under the Setup or Menu key. There usually is something called "Finalizing", "Finishing" or "Disc Setting". Sometimes it's in a submenu of the setup menu called "Disc" or "Disc Editing" or something like that. Make sure the disc to be finalized is in the recorder, naturally.

Give that a look and see what you find. In the meantime I'll ask my girlfriend to look in the user's manual for her machine. She has the SV2000, which is actually the same unit with some cosmetic differences. Hopefully the menus are the same.

6. skb33

skb33 Member

OK....I have tried to get into every menu possible with no luck. I feel certain I am overlooking something very easy.....but what is it?! I hope your girlfriend's manual is helpful!