1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MainConcept Encoder AVI 2 DVD (full guide please)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lfx, Sep 5, 2004.

1. lfx

lfx Member

I'm looking for a avi 2 dvd guide for MainConcept Encoder, ive tryed doing it myself but the bitrate always seems to make the movie go over 4.7g and i cant get the right width for the movie like the film (The Girl Next Door) is a avi file with this info:

Resolution: 640x336
    FPS: 23.98

and when i do the encoding in dvd resolution 720x576 and aspect ration 16.9 fps 25 pal

The movie turns out higher in the hight :( its just not wide enough, this is why i need a full-on guide and i will love you for it.

Thanks so much,
    LFX

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What Bitrate you use to encode the Movie so it fits on a DVD is determined By how long the Movie is...If you get a "Bitrate Calculator" it will tell you what Bitrate to use depending on the Length of your Movie so it Fits on a DVD.....

You should also NOT use the LPCM Audio format in your DVD because it takes up far too much Space on the DVD..
    So make sure you select the "Mpeg1 Layer 2" audio format....

Also you Might Get a slight Jumpy effect every couple seconds or so with this Encoded file because Most encoders can Not properly Convert Frame rates which you are trying to do.....You might also get Sync problems from Trying to Convert the 23.976fps NTSC file to 25fps Pal...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  3. lfx

lfx Member

What you said is great so... here it goes!

I encoded it and used the mpeg layer 2 for audio... and then used TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the dvd files etc etc.. when i watched it on my tv it was jumpy as you said, this was like a stick effect every 2secs but was abit hard to notice if you know what i mean, so should i of stucked with the 23.976fps NTSC? 1: i could of, but i wouldnt be able to make a dvd but only a mpeg 2 file cos thats the only format you can chose, so you can change its fps to 23.976fps NTSC, also on my dvd that was watched on my tv, it stopped playing on chapter 7 (yes i added chapters) well it just wouldnt move at all so i decided to check it on my pc dvd rw dvd rom drive and played it in PowerDVD and guess what? it worked lol it went past chapter 7 without it stopping, it still did the stick effect but is very un-noticeable... well anyway i placed it back into my dvd player which i watched on my tv again just seconds later.. and it workeed and went past chapter 7 (strange as hell) do you know why?

Thanks for the help bro, and could you keep on helping me until i get this sorted thx again.

PS: got alink to this bitrate calculator?

Any other tips you could give me would be greatful.

Thx,
    LFX
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Whats a DVD?
    confused yet?
    its a joke![/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  4. lfx

lfx Member

anyone care to help?

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

6. lfx

lfx Member

thx and how about the other problems im having? read my 2nd post... its about the dvd stopping.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you PM me with your e-mail address i can send you a good Bitrate calculator called "PowerBit" or you can do a google search for it....

The DVD sticking at the 7th Chapter could be from anything like Dust on the disk or useing Cheap DVD Media or it just might be one of those Strange things that happen for no apperant reason....

The only encoder I know of that does half way decent NTSC/Pal conversions is "Canopus Procoder" which would get rid of that sticking every couple seconds, there is also the Proper way of Converting 23.976fps to 25fps but it is fairly complicated and needs some extra software to do properly.....

Cheers

8. lfx

lfx Member

Hmmmm well.. i like MPEG Encoder alot now and i dont wish to change BUT what are the programs to change its fps with-out compressing it or encoding it? please tell as im very happy with MPEG Encoder now.

Thx but ive got the bitrate calculater now but i will look at yours now though.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Whats a DVD?
    confused yet?
    its a joke![/small]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well there is no way to Change the Framerate of a Mpeg/Vob file without re-encodeing it.....

I usually use AVISynth to Convert Framerates which does it while Frameserveing to the encoder so there is no extra Processing....You can use AVISynth with MainConcept encoder but AVISynth is a Bit hard to learn as it uses a Scripting language to implement it"s Functions but once you know how to use it then it is an Invaluable tool....

Cheers

10. lfx

lfx Member

well my movie is a avi file not mpeg or vob file, so AVISynth just changes the fps rates? to pal with-out encoding it or adding more mbs to it?

Is there a link to this program and.. a guide?

Thanks again, your a star *

11. lfx

lfx Member

Come on ppl, all i need to do now is for someone to tell me how to convert the fps in AVISynth and... how to the run the program with MainConcept MPEG Encoder.

When this is done then i know what im doing and... ill be able to watch my avi files on dvd, MainConcept MPEG Encoder is the best program ive used so... far and im really happy but i just need this fps convert in AVISynyth (guide if possible) thanks.

LFX

12. lfx

lfx Member

Anyone else care to help?

I just need the fps converter guide for AVISynth

13. sking1001

sking1001 Member

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is the Best AVISynth Command if you are encodeing audio also and that is :

AssumeFPS(25,True)

This will speed up the Video to 25fps and also the audio will be sped up with it and be in perfect sync..
    If you use the ChangeFPS() command it duplicates one frame every second to make up the frame rate which can cause undesired consequences...

Cheers

15. sking1001

sking1001 Member

**hat off, with a bow**
    :)