1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major changes to the forum backend

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We've implemented some major changes to the forum engine. Most of these changes are invisible to the average user for now, but there might be some weird problems with the forums during the next few days.

If you see anything weird like "auto-tagged links" behaving badly, contact us immediately!

Edit: One of the main changes the regular users will experience now is the fact that if you go to My Account and update your sig, all the messages where you have opted to show your sig, will update to use the new, updated sig.

Edit 2: Now we've managed to fix the performance issue caused by yesterday's system change and the speed of the forums is back to normal.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Cool, Will do :)

3. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

--- Edit: One of the main changes the regular users will experience now is the fact that if you go to My Account and update your sig, all the messages where you have opted to show your sig, will update to use the new, updated sig. ---

Cool, I kept finding older versions of my sig and wanting to update them. But I guess I will have to find somewhere else to host it now as some hosting sites throw a hissy fit when a user takes too much bandwidth. That said, almost all of us get some webspace with our net access account tho, so we could always host our own.

Cheers Boss

:)

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Thamxs for the update and info... although these are small changes they are goin to b worth while in the long term future of aD
    thanxs again :)

5. l8nights

l8nights Guest

any options 4 those wishing to use "case-sensitive" sig's?

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

I dont know what you mean, mine has mixed case....?

7. l8nights

l8nights Guest

just as there are ppl who just wear the media badge or ro certain link's could those change for different problem's being addressed or when posting in safety valve or general discussion could you drop the help badge and have a more up-beat sig I personally had this one to post when a resolution was reached

8. l8nights

l8nights Guest

see it changed both not a big deal I guess I need to get a life huh? btw what do you mean your's has cases??

9. l8nights

l8nights Guest

whoa just noticed in the reply screen it shows both different sig's but in the final result they are the same check it out I must be freaking out!!

10. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

ahhhh, you mean "topic" sensitive.

11. l8nights

l8nights Guest

ya either topic sensitive or reply sensitive what was your understanding

12. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

'case' sensitive is usually taken to mean the text format:

"UPPERCASE"
    "lowercase"
    "Title Case"
    "MiXeD CaSe"

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Thanks for the info...

14. gf3444

gf3444 Member

[REMOVED]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

erm - serial numbers posted - why ?
    what's this got to do with this forum
    oh and no email addresses allowed..

16. joebaxter

joebaxter Guest

is there any way to make it so when you delete one of your private messages that it won't show that you still have a private message ?

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

gf3444

Let's have a look at the forum rules shall we? Your post had nothing to do with the topic of this thread and posting email addies isn't allowed. Try our XBox forums ;)

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

What happened its stoped working i think because i can see sigs that are old and the new ones users have eg. leathal-b had the 50 cent clip now hes got 50 cent flipping around, but the old one is still visible in his old posts ?

19. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@Alien13

Yea I c that 2 both my old one and new one in the one Thread its a bit confussin....

Cause i remember DrD said somethin awhile ago that the sigs have been edited that once u chance ur sifs it changes all ur past and future posts...

U can c the diffrent sigs in mine and ur past posts and the new ones we just added can someone shed some light on this??

20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey dRD i really am getting tired of typing or [bold] etc .Is there any way you can incorporate a phpbb setup into the board you are using like how you added that new button for unanswered posts.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/andmerr/phpbb.jpg

i know it makes me lazy but it was a thought.