1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major issues with pioneer A05!!!! please help.

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by joedeal, Sep 15, 2003.

1. joedeal

joedeal Guest

Hello, I have had my A05 for alittle over a year now. I have backed up most of my DVD collection...which is ALOT of discs (maybe 400)!! I use Record Now 4.6 to burn. Recently I have been getting a "job has terminiated with errors" whenever I try to burn @ 4x. Now I am using the same exact media...even the same spindle. If I set the burn speed to 2x I do not get an error and it burns fine. ALSO, I am no longer able to erase my rewritable disc with this drive!!!! I get a message "no erasable media" I purchase a second A05 drive and it works fine @ 4x with the same media (from the same spindle) and it is able to erase the same RW disc!!!! I have tried to update the firmware to no avail I also tried the Gradius firmware...no good!!! Right now I have downgraded to the original firmware....my second A05 has the original firmware. Is the drive dead? I hope not...TIA for any help.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

My guess is the drive is dead. If another identical drive works with identical media.

Keep in mind that these drives have a finite lifespan; they were designed for average home users and not power users like you and me.

This is why I usually recommend that people get a DVD-ROM with their burner, so you aren't wearing out your expensive burner for ripping.

3. joedeal

joedeal Guest

Thanks for the reply....I do have a DVD-ROM...oh well.that sucks.

4. Vinster

Vinster Guest

Out of interest how did you get along with this? Yes they have a finite life span, but that is certainly an awful lot more than 400 (or 4000) discs etc.

The fact you upgraded your firmware obviously invalidated your warranty - anything happen?

5. joedeal

joedeal Guest

Actually, The problem was before the upgarde....I am just living withnit right now. burning @ 2x.

6. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Hi Guys, i'm hoping someone can help. I have a04 dvd writer installed but with win2000 and I dnt have any problems but when I try to install winXp I have few problems. My machine seems to bootup really slowly and start geting problems any body faced with anything similer. I can get it eventually starts but your talking about 2mins start time.