1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major problem with Nero and PowerDVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by xci5ter, Mar 20, 2004.

1. xci5ter

xci5ter Guest

In short:

1. Nero freezes when I click on any of the icons (Audio, VideoCD etc) on the left side of the properties dialogue.
    2. PowerDVD installation stops at 95 percent.

And there's no way of closing the non-responsive application, so Windows freezes when it's shutting down. Also, the partial PowerDVD installation won't uninstall.

I see now that Nero has a "major update"... Could that be the solution to this problem? If so, what about the unsuccessful PowerDVD installation?

2. bonetired

bonetired Member

The latest version of Nero has a DVD player included. You could do a free download to see if using this solves your problem. You might have to uninstall PowerDVD (if that is possible!) Good luck!

3. vans12

vans12 Regular member

the power dvd does that if u r running win95 because it does not have the driver 4 it

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi xci5ter,

What version of Nero and PowerDVD do you have?
    And what operating system are you running under?

I have both PowerDVD and Nero installed on my systems, and I do not run into any of the problems you are describing.

Did you try chaning the oder you installed the programs? Try installing PowerDVD first, and then install Nero and see if you still have this issue. Use the Nero Clean tool to completely remove any remanents of the Nero software. You can use the below link.

http://www.nero.com/us/631940828445001.html

Regards,

Craig

5. xci5ter

xci5ter Guest

The Clean Tool didn't find any drivers. I tried to install PowerDVD again (after making sure that Nero was fully removed), but the process stopped at 95% again.

I've had to do a hard reboot so many times because of this issue and since RecordNow Max and WinDVD are working fine for me, I'm officially giving up.

If it's of any help to anybody, I'm running Windows XP Professional and my hardware configuration (homespun ;) ) includes Athlon XP 2000+ and Epox motherboard with nForce2 chipset.

6. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I run power DVD/windvd4 for vaio
    and also Nero 6 with InCD4 as well.
    And I'm not having any trouble with it.
    Maybe if you tell me your version numbers, I could be of help.
    I had problems with Nero 6 but I resolved it by installing same ASPI drivers...

Hoped this helped.

7. GCMcNeill

GCMcNeill Member

RESOLUTION TO NERO HANGS:
    Update PowerDVD to version 5+
    Update Nero 5 to latest 5 release or goto 6.

ENABLE WINDOWS XP BURNIN' FEATURE. With this disabled it seems to cause Nero to hang during an attempt to burn in nero 5, or an attempt to select a category in nero 6.

Hope this helps, let me know!
    guymcneill@top-sound.co.uk