1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major problem with uTorrent ..

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mossfan18, Apr 30, 2007.

1. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

I downloaded uTorrent and used it for a month with no issues. However I noticed my PC was slowing after using it causing my CPU to be at 100 steadily. Impossible to use the internet and hard drive grinded away after each use. But that's just the beginning..

I wanted to unistall it and reinstall it but it wasn't in the add/remove programs list. I even tried locating it in Security Task Manager without success. There was no sign of uTorrent on the PC besides the logo on my desktop! Each time I tried deleting from the desktop it would only allow the shortcut to be removed and refer me to add/remove programs to do a full uninstallment. It wasn't there!

Anyway, I used the search funtion to find all the uTorrent files and I deleted them. I then reinstalled it. However this time I have no uTorrent shortcut on the desktop to click. When I click the start tab uTorrent is there but not the green u logo which is always there. It a blank white square labled uTorrent that when clicked begins to browse for it.

The only way to open it is to find it where I originally downloaded it click on it's green U logo and hit run. It does open up like before but now it doesn't show the names of the torrent movies when downloading. Only a number represents then now.

To this day it isn't in the Control panel add/remove list! How do I uninstall the program or get it show the files it's downloading? This is very weird!

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

µTorrent doesn't have an entry in ad/remove. You can always right click-> Properties-> Find Target to see where any shortcut leads/starts. You can always make a new shortcut from the EXE. Right click->Send to desktop (Shortcut). You probably have to re setup µTorrent telling it where your files are.

Hit their site it is very complete.

http://www.utorrent.com/index.php

3. mossfan18

mossfan18 Regular member

One question: You say uTorrent doesn't have a add/remove feature. So how do you uninstall it?

Thank for the advice! I'll further direct my uTorrent questions to their site as a have registered there to access their forums.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

From their site:

µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 170 KB in size.

Delete the folder.

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe using the Control Panel you can clean a little more your PC?