1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make a DVD Compilation and MediaGate

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by alts01, Jun 1, 2007.

1. alts01

alts01 Member

Hi,

I make DVD Music compilations using DVD Shrink, i trim the Music cahapters and burn it into DVD. The Discs worked fine with DVD`s played with my Oppo DVD Player.
    Now I bought a MediaGate device and tried to watch the same VOB Files in the HD. I Can play it well, but i can not skip chapters because there are no chapters, but titles.
    When I make compilations using DVD Shrink, i trim many chapters from many Music DVDs and Save to the HD. In the process I create titles instead of chapters.
    I think the MediaGate do not skip chapters, so we have a little problem.

How to turn the titles into capters in my compilation??
    or there are any other method to make Compilations DVD usig another software?? With DVD Shrink is very easy.

Thanks

Antonio Souza

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You could use an MPEG editor like VideoReDo Plus to join the clips into a single MPEG and then author it with whatever program you like, putting chapter marks where the files are joined. I'd make sure to output elementary streams if you go that route, because sometimes authoring programs don't deal with pre-muxed MPEG files very well. This would certainly be the easiest method I can think of.

You could also do it with DVDReMake Pro, but it would be a lot more work.

3. alts01

alts01 Member

Hi Vurbal,

Thank you for your info. But I still did not work out.
    I tried use VideoReDo, but I got problems like poor video quality results, no audio sync etc....
    I think the way to go is to still use individual VTS parts, I put some kind of command , so the Skip button Player work.
    What do I need is that the Device (Medagate) Skip button work.
    I tried use DVD Remake and DVD Lab Pro 2, but it is very dificult top use.
    Any help will be wellcome.

Antonio