1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

make an svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by devils89, Nov 13, 2004.

1. devils89

devils89 Member

hi. i want to make an svcd from this avi file i have. I used virtual dubm 1.3c to get a wav file from it. I tried to use that as an audio source in TMPenc, and the avi as my video source, but it wouldn't let me do that. What do i have to do to make a svcd out of this? i dont want to use tmgenc's built in audio encoder, b/c that becomes out of sync. ive also tried to convert the wav to ac3, and use that as audio source, but i couldn't do that either. Thanks in advance.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Use a different converter. The cucusoft one works well. Trail version suck though so you would have to buy it or come by it by other means.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I assume that if you choose, on TMPGenc, the profile 'SVCD PAL/NTSC' the output file has no sound (otherwise it would be trivial: simply convert the AVI to 'Super Video-CD MPG' with TMPGenc).

If TMPGenc doesn't convert the sound:

1) Extract the WAV from the AVI with Virtualdub (File___Save WAV... with the menu [bold]Audio[/bold] set on [bold]Direct Stream Copy[/bold])
    2) compress .WAV --> .MP2 with BeSweet + BeSweet GUI (profile: MP2 for SVCD)
    3) multiplex the WAV to the TMPGenc's output without sound choosing as 'Type': [bold]MPEG-2 Super-Video CD[/bold].

This should work with no need to install any new sound codecs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  4. devils89

devils89 Member

thanks. i got it to work w/ tmpenc. For some reason, when i tried to convert it to an mpeg @ 23.975 fps (which is what the original is), it would be out of sync. but when i accidently made it @ 30 fps, the audio was fine. Its weird, but hey it works! thanks again