1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make your own flippy(without damage)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by sasha1303, Oct 29, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

Some notes before we start:
    Make sure to read the guide first before doing it step by step and then coming to a step and saying "OOH SHIT I DONT HAV THAT"

This was preformed on a SCPH-30002-R (V4-V5)

Make your own flippy without drilling/cutting:
    OK first , the terms

I am not resposible for damage this is jsut an optional method for cogswap loader and or swap magic

This [bold]will[/bold] breech your warranty

You Need:
    small and large X screwdriver
    A ps2 (DUH)

Method(pictures):
    OK lets get to the good part :)

1.unconnect all wires/mem card(s)
    [​IMG]

2.Flip over your PS2
    [​IMG]

3.Unscrew all screws at the bottom of the PS2
    [​IMG]

4.This part is a bit tricky,lift the top off by the back gently and then push forward as indicated on the picture
    [​IMG]

5.Now u must take the reset/eject switch off of the top cover or u could just leave it on and keep the cover near the PS2 (this makes u and the ps2 look stupid)now use your screw driver to get it off a bit and then pull it up from the cover
    [​IMG]

6.Now this is what you basicly should hav , oh and u must take the warrenty sticker off the top lid of the disc drive
    [​IMG]

7.Unscrew the 4 screw's on the top lid of the Drive and place in a safe place somewere
    [​IMG]

8.VWOLA , fliptop..
    [​IMG]

Use:
    Insert your boot disc(e.g swap magic)
    load up to the screen and follow instructions
    when it comes to a Swap/switch/cogswap Prompt Lift the top of your disc tray off and swap the discs with your backup and Enjoy :D

Sasha1303

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2005
  2. Uhhhh

Uhhhh Guest

i rather use slide card than openup my ps2

3. kaosX

kaosX Regular member

yeah, seems kinda risky

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you leave the top off long enough the laser is going to get wrecked(dust,dirt etc... gets in real easily,and by cleaning it over and over numerous times starts to wear down the laser).I have to say Sony put some real cheap lasers in there game units,and by leaving your system exposed like that isn't safe.Take my word for it,you don't want to end up getting a new slimline because your big PS2 is messing up.

5. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

well either slide card or this , both still wreck the PS2... and how in fusks name do u "wear out" a laser by cleaning it , and also how does dust damage the laser?

EDIT: also , only ppl who havent opend their PS2 say its "risky" trust me , when i first opend my ps2 i was nervous shitless . but then its nothing after u open it like 2 times , also i dont expect u too keep ur PS2 like in the last picture ... i just leave it like it is in picture 6

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2005
  6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hahaha lol alright chill out,dust can damage your system as you have everything exposed including the laser.I have a fliptop and even my laser is wearing out,because of cleaning it and just dust(do you actually know what dust is,it is particles in the air that stick to everything and when you rub the laser it scratches it even to the trained eye).Lets see I opened my PS2 about I have no clue how many times,but it is way over the limit.Keeping it opened is not safe like I mentioned,every component in the system is shown.Just save up and pay the little fine of twenty dollars so you can prevent it from breaking.Make a cover for it or something as I really don't want to see you mess up your system.I will never use the slidecard though,as I have before and it destroyed the last PS2 I had.The tray started to mess up,and the laser messed up on me also using the slidecard.The best thing to do is use something like a harddrive or memory card exploit,but a harddrive is alot more expensive than the flippy and swap set a big one I mean.The mem exploits have to be installed by some kind of booting method which is a downfall or unless someone can transfer it to one of your memcards in the PS2 browser.I just don't think it is a safe method you described,sure it works but at what cost.

7. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

Well , i myslef hav cogswap exploit and i cant find a clear fliptop for v4-v5 ps2 ... since im getting a fliptop might as well add some neons :p and i live in australia ... good case mods are hard to come by .. dont get me started on modchips....were in fusks name could u find a good modchip in sydney australia

8. luminous1

luminous1 Member

Nice one sasha,i noticed this worked perfectly rather than the fliplid i bought for the v9 ps2 which is hit or miss,and feels flimsy.
    I have a vs3 sitting here too which i could do this with since there`s no fliplid made for it,i don`t fancy the idea of the slidecard at all.
    I haven`t looked yet at vs3 but the vs9 cd top in pic 8 is a bugger to get off,if there was just some way to add a handle or hinge to make it easier to get it off i wouldnt mind swapping.That way i`d then see about cutting into the case to protect the case a bit from dust.
    I`ve seen the diy flip on exploitstation but i don`t have the time or tools,i`d prob make an arse of it anyway lol.

9. Myrzan

Myrzan Member

"If you leave the top off long enough the laser is going to get wrecked(dust,dirt etc... gets in real easily,and by cleaning it over and over numerous times starts to wear down the laser).I have to say Sony put some real cheap lasers in there game units,and by leaving your system exposed like that isn't safe."

Well, certainly you dont't want any dirt in your optics. However, even with its cover intact the PS2 isn't exactly airtight, it actually has a fan blowing air inside it in case you haven't noticed ;).
    Just keep your console in a place that isn't dusty (don't keep it on the floor), keep the cover on top of the thing when youre not swapping the disc or put the console in a suitable box or something and you should be fine.

As for opening the case, it's quite simple. Just make sure that you dont yank the power/eject thingys cable. One could almost say, that if you manage to mess this up you shouldn't even be allowed to own a screwdriver.

10. kasra69

kasra69 Guest

woooot i done it edited by ddp yeah !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2006
  11. kasra69

kasra69 Guest

edited by ddp

12. cyrx666

cyrx666 Member

Calm it, do you not read.... "I am not resposible for damage this is just an optional method for cogswap loader and or swap magic

This will breech your warranty "

Just because you obviously did something wrong or your laser was already on it's way out.

Take a chill pill, if not take another pill and give us all a break

13. kasra69

kasra69 Guest

ssasha is dat a new acount ?

14. cyrx666

cyrx666 Member

talking to me?! no mate, it ain't

15. kasra69

kasra69 Guest

it is i edited by ddp noe where u live im coming for u : u are my friend for 8 years lol !!!!! edited by ddp

16. cyrx666

cyrx666 Member

havn't got a clue what your talking about mate, but i see where it's coming from with that attitude

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

kasra69, should have put brain into motion before mouth into action. lightning struck!!

18. cyrx666

cyrx666 Member

ddp, thanks for that, havn't got a clue what the hell he was on about, another idiot that gets what he deserves

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem. he must of had a brain fart & blew his brain out when lighting a cigeratte.