1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a copy of a copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RanmaPigy, Feb 13, 2005.

1. RanmaPigy

RanmaPigy Member

Example:

I own X-Men. Ripped with dvd decrypter. Used dvd shrink to strip away all but the movie then burnt it to a dvd-r.

What is the procedure for copying my backup? I'm assuming since the copy protection is gone I can skip the decrypter & shrink step, yet when I try a straight disc copy with various programs (nero, easy cd) it never seems to work. Yes I choose the dvd format.

Help? Do I still need to go file mode on decrypter, or do an iso read / iso write burn even though the copy protect is gone?

TX

rp

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

RanmaPigy--
    You can use DVD Decrypter--ISO read then ISO Write--that will work--But Nero should work as well--just in DVD settings "Copy Disk"

3. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Use Roxio 6

4. alsie

alsie Guest

I use Nero6 or Intervideo DVD Copy

5. alsie

alsie Guest

sorry - Nero not Nero 6

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

You can also just rip your copy back to the hard drive with Shrink and then reburn it with Nero.
    I never do a disc to disc copy as it may lead to problems.
    This is my way of doing it but I'm sure others have idea's as well.

7. viper64

viper64 Guest

Yes I thank Bardie gave you the best way!!

8. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

The simple solution is disk to disk copy with any burning software, Important burn to hard drive first all burning software give you this option. Personaly I run it threw decrypter read ISO then write ISO. And All the advice on burning at 4X there exactly right. After you run a few disk quality test you will see the diffrence in burn quality as you increase speeds.

Good Luck

Spacedust..

9. RanmaPigy

RanmaPigy Member

I can do the DVD Decrypter that's no problem.

Tell me more though about the 4X speed... never do a max ISO write always limit it to 4X?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your computer and drive can handle it and you get no errors or problems there is no advantage to burning slower... We only suggest the x4 speed when people are having problems burning there disks and are getting errors during the burn process, but hey if your system is capable the quality will be no different. :)

11. RanmaPigy

RanmaPigy Member

Yes I've got a new DVD drive and been burning MAX all the way with no problems. I just wanted to make sure there's not a quicker way to 'backup a backup' than going with the ISO read / ISO write. However doing a straight disc copy on Nero always crashes.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I wouldnt reccomend to copy on the fly to any one (from DVD Rom to Burner) This ushually causes problems I shouldnt do it that way either but I have been pretty lucky doing it, but I believe mine work fine like that because I have two DVD writers instead of a DVD Rom drive. Best bet is to use Nero copy disk function seeing how you have Nero it will do it a little faster than Decrypter.