1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a dvd containing music videos

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by poet215, Apr 7, 2007.

1. poet215

poet215 Member

Hello, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I've had some experience, so I probably don't qualify as a noob. However, I have a few questions and could use some help. Someone gave me a DVD full of music videos, but on the menu screen you had the option to scroll through & select any video, similiar to the way a movie DVD has a chapter selection. I have music videos on my hardrive and I use a DVD recorder & burn them to disc. That being said, I'm sure I have files in multiple formats, avi, mpeg, or vob (dvd). I think I need to narrow things down and use one format. What is the best recommended format to use when creating the disc? As far as the disc I burn from the television, how can I edit and extract what I want to use from the disc? And what software is best for what I'm trying to do. Thank You in advance for the help!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

How did you burn this disk in the first place?
    Was the content on your PC and you authored the disk from that content?
    Alternatively, was the disk made on a standalone DVD Recorder and finalized?
    If it was from a DVD Recorder the files are probably in 'VRO' format.
    You can copy this large file to your desktop and change the name from .VRO to .MPG and you will have an editable file...and by editable I mean you can cut out ads and such using the likes of VirtualDubMod or if you want good commercial software then TMPGenc DVD Author is available as trialware from this site.
    Just check out the guides.