1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a DVD from Xvid with a custom menu

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jhackg0d, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jhackg0d

jhackg0d Member

My question is what tools are available to convert Xvid files to DVD while incorporating the fact that I would like a DVD menu as well.

I already have a program that can convert Xvid to VOB but then what? How do I create a DVD menu then?

Thanks for your help

-jhackg0d

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jhackg0d

jhackg0d Member

That looks like a great option. Thank you so much for your help. You're my hero.

From the beginning I've been trying to use pinnacle v 9.3. The menu interface is brilliant. But when I go to compile the DVD (keep in mind these are Xvid and DivX files)... it says they will be like 300 times too large to fit onto a DVD! Ha! The files themselves are like 300 MB tops, and I'm only putting on 12 of them.

This helps tremendously. Thanks again.

-jhackg0d

4. attar

attar Senior member

In Pinnacle's defence, converting an avi to dvd format will result in a large increase in file size.
    When I convert this type of file, I limit myself to three nominal one hour episodes (45 minute tv shows)so that the output is not too much for a standard dvd disc.
    Typically these files are each in the 300/400MB range.
    I convert them singly with Convertx2dvd, then import each to DVD Author Pro.
    Each group of vob files into a separate track.