1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making an internal burner external

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by mrhell, Dec 4, 2011.

1. mrhell

mrhell Member

Pardon the noobness, I don't burn a lot of dvds. I have lightscribe dvd burner on my old desktop, which conveniently just died on me as I went to burn a lightscribe disc. I'd like to take the burner and put it into an enclosure and run it from my laptop, for the measly couple of times a year I'll use it(the burner). The problem is, I don't seem to know what I'm searching for in an enclosure - all my searching leads to me to hard drive enclosures, not burner enclosure. Are they the same thing, or is there some simple search term I don't know about?
    The desktop is not worth fixing for me, this is all I'd use it for. I was actually going to give it away as soon as I burned one last disc.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. mrhell

mrhell Member

Thanks. I ordered one from the list you provided.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Once I chopped a slot in the top of a small clamshell case and ran the cables out.. 2 burners sitting on top.. wasn't pretty especially with an old AT psu sitting there as well because the built in one just didn't have the balls for 2 hdd's and 2 burners!!