1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making backup of xbox dvd

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mnhunter, Feb 2, 2005.

1. mnhunter

mnhunter Member

I can hook up to my xbox using FlashFXP I can see my folders on the xbox (including the "D" drive) But I can not access them to make a backup. What am I doing wrong

2. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

You need to tell everyone what happens when you try.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to ftp the game from your xbox to your computer...once that is done use qwix or craxtion to create an iso of the game...once you have created the iso you can burn the image to disc....easy as that

4. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

I think hes saying he cant open the directories. He can see the folders but cant open them and pull the files.

5. mnhunter

mnhunter Member

o.k. let me try this again, I hook my pc and xbox up with a cross over cable, I am using Flashfxp. I can see my folders of my xbox (on my pc) on the right side of the screen(including "D"). I have made a folder on my desk top called xbox. When I transfer the "D" folder over to my xbox file(on desk top) it takes less than a second. And when I go and try to access the "D" folder in the xbox folder(the one on my desk top) there is nothing in it.

6. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

well congrats on getting that far. now the D drive would be where your game is going to show up when youre ready to make back ups.thats why its empty. its the dvd rom drive.have a game in the xbox before you connect to it ftp.

7. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

hey i have a modded xbox and the crossover cable and all the nessacery prgrams how do you use evolutionx or avalaunche? do you need them? im pretty sure you need one! i have the both but dont know how to use!
    please help also how do you flash your xbox? i have the linux bios cromwell but also dont know how to use!! please help new xbox user!!

thanxs!!

8. mnhunter

mnhunter Member

I start my xbox up to Evox(I do not start up slayer) I connect with my pc (at this time I do not see the "D" file). I put the game I want to backup in my xbox ("D") and hit refresh on my flashfxp. that is when I see my "D" drive. But I can not sccess the folder.I have a couple of other games laoded on my "F" drive that I can not see aswell. Also once I start Slayer I loose my connection.

9. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

Instead of the refresh you need to just put the game in the drive first, then connect. should work.

10. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

hey i have a modded xbox and the crossover cable and all the nessacery prgrams how do you use evolutionx or avalaunche? do you need them? im pretty sure you need one! i have the both but dont know how to use!
    please help also how do you flash your xbox? i have the linux bios cromwell but also dont know how to use!! please help new xbox user!!

thanxs!!

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Don't use FlashFXP. Use IPSwitch WS FTP Pro.

Download a auto installer like Slayers, or better yet, contact djboogie and download his. A auto installer will flash your xbox and install evox or avalaunch with other apps. It's the best solution and it saves time and discs.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  12. mnhunter

mnhunter Member

Instead of the refresh you need to just put the game in the drive first, then connect. should work.

I tried that and it does the same thing, any more ideas

13. mdsup

mdsup Guest

can you connect to your xbox via ftp? do you have a larger hd installed? the reason i ask is because if you have a large hd installed it would be easier if you just put the game on the hd...if you have access to your box via ftp and have enough space on your hd, just put the game on your hd, then you can ftp it to your computer, then you can use qwix or craxtion to create the iso, then burn the iso.....then you can always delete the game from the hd and use the disc that you burned.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005
  14. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

Open Flash fxp
    Click:Options,Preferences,Advanced tab,list method:SHOW HIDDEN FILES< select that
    There ya go