1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by toney420, Feb 22, 2005.

1. toney420

toney420 Guest

If I make a back up of my game on my xbox harddrive using dvd2xbox then ftp files to my cpu harddrive can I make an iso and burn that onto to a dvd that will be playable?

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yes....make sure you create an iso of the game before you burn.

3. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

Make sure you use an xiso maker that uses GDFimage. I use ISOMAKERv1.21.

4. toney420

toney420 Guest

can I use craxtion or qwix?

5. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

GDFIMAGE is indeed the best, but it's hard to find. It's not necessary that you use it (other xiso programs are faster anyway).

7. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

True it is slow, but I have not had any problems with it. I was making coasters before I found it.

8. toney420

toney420 Guest

Any clues to helping me find it. Is it in "The Usual Places"? I've looked everywhere 5 different search engines and I don't know how many websites. Any clue would be helpful.

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

just use qwix or craxtion...both will work just fine.

10. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  11. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

I have it. PM me.

12. toney420

toney420 Guest

Thanx for all the help it's beeb working beautifully until I tried halo 2 it gets about half way through and i get an error saying the os denied acsess iso creation aborted. an ideas

13. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 Guest

Half way through what????

I had a problem with Halo 2. I ripped it, transferred it to my comp, built the iso, then burnt it. Everything went fine until I went to play it, it wouldnt play. It is just about the limit of a single layer DVD, I think that is my problem. I have to remove some of the unneeded files.

14. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

@ tomey

Is your filing system a FAT32 or NTFS? FAT32 and older filing systems are known to have some problems in the iso creation process.