1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making copies of DVD+R movies to harddrive or desktop.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pirateboy, Mar 15, 2007.

1. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

I have a DVD+ R disc that has a movie on it and i,m having trouble getting another download of it so can anyone suggest a good program that makes copies of DVD+R discs that can be sent directly to my desktop or hard drive ? I tried DVD SHRINK 3.2 and found it to be useless and it received a lot of bad reviews on download.com .

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Your desktop IS on your hard drive! Did you think it was inside the monitor, behind the glass? If you don't know that, maybe you weren't using DVD Shrink properly? I have used it lots and I found it to be the very opposite of useless.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

so you are trying to make a copy of a copy right? well we need to know what burning programs you have? nero will work ashampoo will work imgburn will work

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

dvd decrypter will work, ISO read and you will have an ISO file on your HD

if your making a copy of a backup you can use nero dvd burning rom

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Am I right here - if it's a backup, it won't be encrypted, and you can just copy over the contents of the video_ts folder to the hard drive & use Nero to burn a DVD?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

^^correct^^^

DVD Shrink 3.2 is a good program you'll see it mentioned here the only pitfall is it has'nt been updated so can't rip the later dvd's ,as for your issue just select copy disk in any burning software then select destination either hdd or direct burn with a 2ndry burner

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

or you can use nero and make a copy of a copy on the fly

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I don't understand all the programs work flawlessly..u just gotta know how to use them..I usually use ripit4me right to hard drive..then for disc to disc clonedvd with the old red fox runnin in the background lol..no problems perfect scans 2..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007