1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making dvd backups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by swadedvm, Jan 12, 2005.

1. swadedvm

swadedvm Member

I am a bit new to this but I have been wanting to backup some of my dvds. I use to use dvdxcopy and it would split them onto 2 discs or one if i omitted features. I just got a dual layer burner and thought i would try the software that came with it--nero i also got 1click dvd copy and then i found out i needed a decryption program to operate this. i guess i dont quite understand what is meant by ripping the dvd first and how is that done. I got dvd43 and I thought it was supposed to run in the background and decrypt while you copy. If not then how so i rip it first and then copy to a new disk.
    thanks

2. hursty

hursty Active member

dvd shrink>dvd decrypter both are free,from this site
    you cannot use nero for ripping copyright movies

3. btitus

btitus Regular member

There's a multitude of guides available on this website. They can be quite beneficial if you are willing to do some research.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you are going to use the dual layer blank discs then all you need is DVD Decrypter. It will do the complete process. If you decide to use single layer blanks which are cheaper then you will also need DVD Shrink to compress the larger movies down to fit single layer blanks.

Jerry