1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making ISO Images...

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by julian13, Jul 17, 2006.

1. julian13

julian13 Member

I have try using Nero, DVD shrink, with any DVD running in the back ground. I am trying to make ISO images of DVD’s on my external hard drive. So when I want to burn a copy, it is faster then putting the original copy in, I want to just be able to pull the image down off the hard drive. Instead I’m getting several different file so when I try to burn the files the movie will not play right. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Well I have to ISO programs and they work great.

1.Power ISO
    2.Alcohol 120%

They both can create iso no problems.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Did you format your HDD to NTFS or is it still in FAT32, which is the way it will come when you buy it? If still in FAT32 your iso will be broken up in files with ext of 001, 002 etc. Because you cannot write a file size bigger than 4g on a FAT32 drive.

4. jasonyhap

jasonyhap Member

Firstly, what arniebear said is true you would need to reformat your harddrive in NTFS in order to see ur iso as one file.But if you do not want to do that you can use shrink to back up the iso again to your original harddrive(not ur external)and back up to disc from there. however you still need to consider the speed of your data transfer for your external harddrive since it probably connects either through usb or firewire, it will be slower compare to copying from your internal harddrive

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

jasonyhap-

true ! though I mainly burn from my H drive External 400GB. hitachi USB2 drive & have'nt had any drive related problems yet ! other than my drive filling up with Iso's /disc image files LOL! No problem ! Good luck guys.