1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making one big ISO/AVI file

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by TW1NKLE, Jun 9, 2007.

1. TW1NKLE

TW1NKLE Guest

So I have a few ISO/AVI file, and I want to make it into a large "ISO or AVI" instead of having all separated ones. I've googled around, and as I read of, I'm suppose to "extract" the files? Which I've tired, and don't get. Is there a simpler way? A program where I can just add the file, and then click "join" or something & It'll do it for me? Please & Thank You!

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. TW1NKLE

TW1NKLE Guest

I've tired "power video converter" to join my files, it does it successfully but the thing is, when my files are complete I tired to view it, and the quality is horrible. Still viewable, but It wasn't as clear as the first. And their are parts where it pauses, or go slow motion. Why is this happening?

And Master Chu, I tired to use what you suggested, but it didn't work.

4. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

5. TW1NKLE

TW1NKLE Guest

I'll be sure to give that a try when I come home tonight! Thank You.

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

There's no way to convert the files in an ISO without either extracting them from the ISO or mounting it to a virtual drive. ISO files are just a special type of archive, similar to a Zip or RAR file. You can use IsoBuster or WinRAR to extract or Daemon Tools to mount to a virtual drive.

Once you have your AVI files you can join them with VirtualDub as long as they have the same resolution and audio format (including audio bitrate). If they don't have the same resolution and audio format you won't be able to join them with any program without some re-encoding.

You can find a guide for joining AVI files here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/virtualdub_join_avi.cfm

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

First off, this doesn't give you an AVI file, which was what the original post stated as the desired format. Second, it loses quality unnecessarily by the extra step of re-encoding to DV and then using constant bitrate encoding. Finally, if you're encoding the audio to 41kHz it certainly won't be a joy to watch on "any" DVD player since those that require standards compliance won't play the audio at all. The only sampling frequency mandated for DVD is 48kHz, and the optional frequency is 96kHz. 41kHz isn't standard for anything.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  8. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest