1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Xbox a Server

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by DavGerm4, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

So, what I'm trying to do, is make my Xbox, accessible from other computers (not on my home network). I know that you can type in ftp://username:password@192.168.XX.XX in your Internet bar, and access it at home, but I want to be able to access it from my friend's computer. So like if I wanted music on it to get, I want to get it from there. Does anyone know of a way to do this.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

you will have to hook it up directly to the modem not through the router and i still dont know if it will work....

3. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

You'll have to do some more researching, but I think you can set up a DMZ to open only one address (the address of your xbox) or port up to the outside world while keeping your other ports behind your router's firewall. Be aware that your Xbox will be under constant attack and can be hacked at any time.

4. Allegro1

Allegro1 Regular member

Also take a look at port forwarding. A quick search on DMZ says once your open computer is compromised, it can attack your other computers behind the firewall.