1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making your own Chapter List

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nqq, Mar 24, 2003.

1. nqq

nqq Member

I was just reading the 'Chapter points with continuous play' thread and it said that it would be possible to create your own chapter list by typing frame numbers in a text file. It was talking about converting your own video to dvd, but would this work with a dvd movie? I am asking this because I burned a dvd that freezes at each chapter in my dvd player. Could I make the whole movie play as one chapter so it would not freeze?

2. nqq

nqq Member

Do I even need a Celltimes file at all?

3. nqq

nqq Member

I created a Celltimes file with only the number '215758' which I thought would be one of the last frames of the movie. I burned the DVD and tried to play it again. It didn't freeze in the same spot of the movie but a few seconds later it froze but continued after a couple seconds. It didn't freeze at all after that. So I guess this new freezing and continuing is a problem of the dvd-r and not the player.

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

It all depends on how you create your movie.

It's certainly possible to create a movie with a single chapter (all my early backups came out that way)

These days, I use "Chapter Extractor" to get all the correct timings.

HomerJ

5. nqq

nqq Member

What would happen if I left the Celltimes.txt file empty? When I just put the number '215758' in the celltimes.txt it plays as one chapter.