1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makking a REAL replica from VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tripsback, Jan 1, 2005.

1. tripsback

tripsback Member

I am so new to this so please forgive me if I did not post in the right place.

I have been trying to convert some old VHS family tapes to DVD. The problem is that even on the high quality setting (where one hour of video takes up the whole DVD+R disc) there are still those little digital blocks in certain places.

I want to know is there a way to get an exact replica of the original VHS?

I extracted the video to my harddrive first as an .avi file. It was about 10 gigs. I know that the video has to be compressed to fit on the disc but I don't want to lose so much resolution. Surely it can be done since they can make real film to DVD without losing quality.

Is anyone able to help? Thanks so much for your time.

2. flx2000

flx2000 Member

3. RIVO

RIVO Guest

wow 10gigs.. no need to do all that work for an okay quality.. going to copy and paste my last post:

Purchase CopyThis! Digital Video Enhancer and Duplicator Model CT-1 made by SIMA for $69.00 US, at FRY's Electronics. Can be purchased at any major electronics store. Maybe bestbuy, Compusa or Radio Shack.
    I backed up another full copy protected VHS. But this time I connected the enhancer in between my vhs player and Digital camcorder. And copied the movie into Hi8 8mm tape and then connected my camcorder with the recorded movie to the external writer, HP dvd dc5000 purchased for 199.00. The result is DVD quality movie. Outstanding.

Try it you will love the results!!!

4. cannew

cannew Member

First you do need a video enhancer. I bought a DVD Recorder which is connected to Satellite TV and I also connect the vhs. I can then record off the tv or vhs. Then I use DVD Shrink to Edit and convert it to a DVD Movie.