1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manage to burn thing but whats wrong with the picture?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LAWYER4U, Feb 8, 2005.

1. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

Hi all, I've just bought a Lite-on DVDrw SOHW-1653s and have been using 1 click DVD burning software (latest version) and Nero 6.3.1.11 to burn dual layer DVDs. Although both pieces of software can burn the DVDs successfully when I play them back on either a DVD player or my drive, or anyone elses for that matter, the picture is all messed up. The picture keeps breaking up and becoming distorted to the point where its unwatchable. I'm using Infiniti DVD dual layer disks and have burnt a few movies but have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? If anyone could help I'd be most grateful

2. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

You're all useless, how could not one of you come up with a solution?! Anyway for those that have this problem I've figured it out myself. Well this helped me anyway. I installed a new firmware for my driver (this can be found at your DVD rom drive's manufacturer), disabled anti-virus software when burning and enabled DMA. This sorted it out and now the burning has been of excellent quality. Hope this helps someone

3. hursty

hursty Active member

if you are so clever,then why did you bother asking in the first place??? hehe

p.s if you are using dual layer dvd,surely you can afford to pay a engineer to sort out your problems without being offensive,coming on here and asking for FREE advice?

with regards hursty

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

eDit: I did not get past useless. aNd just were did you find all these ideas. yUo were not using something called SEARCH, now were you.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  5. pfh

pfh Guest

His nick name really helps!

Lawyer4u- your question is to vague to answer correctly. Some where along the line you obviously did NOT have a successful burn. That's all anyone could be thinking without more info.

Jeeesh.....what a turd!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  6. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

No I didn't do a search I figured it out myself. Took me a while though. Free advice? Well yeah what else id this forum for?! If its not exchanging ideas I don't know what its for. Oh and my theory obviously worked. Say something Controversial and you'll get a reply. Part of my point was also directed at some of the stupid suggestions people give in these forums, christ do you lot get off trying to pretend you are experts at something?!! Anyway its sorted now I'll just remember never to ask you guys for advice on anything.

7. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

Oh and double layers burners are now the same price as normal dvd burners. Well they are in the uk anyway so its hardly an extravagance to start using double layer. After all I want to fully back up the dvds I own not shrink them, thats crap.

8. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

if you needed more info than ask. I don't mind helping others. Anyway I thought all the info needed was there, if it wasn't how did I manage to figure it out?

9. hursty

hursty Active member

i have a dual dvd burner,but the cheapest media i can find is around £4 each
    compared to around £.25 each for a dvd5,there is no arguement.
    i will stick to shrink my movies onto dvd5 for now
    if you wish to use dvd9,thats entirely your choice.

what exactly do you mean "shrinking is crap"

10. LAWYER4U

LAWYER4U Member

I quite like foreign films so want to keep the subtitles, menus, extras etc and not lose any quality. Its much easier to burn the thing straight than alter it. I managed to get some double layer disks for £3.00 not bad more expensive I know but its not too much more expensive than dvd rs

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

been at work all day so just got here, glad you worked it out! hehehe...

i had a chuckle....

12. hursty

hursty Active member

i know what your saying about dvd9,however,ripping dvd9 with shrink,keeping everything,in my opinion does not reproduce anything with a real visable loss of quality

with kind regards hursty