1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

managed to burn with imgburn, how do I get rid of subtitles?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by barb1, Feb 13, 2008.

1. barb1

barb1 Guest

I'm back again just for a little more help, managed now to burn the dvd I was having so much problem with, I have audio AND subtitles (used dvdfab decrypter,shrink then imgburn) didn't see anything to check or uncheck abt. subtitles anyone willing to help with this.

Thanks for taking time to read it.

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

You can get DVDSubEdit (free) to check sub stream and delete it.
    You can also use your remount to turn subs off when playing on standalone player.
    If subs are hard coded into a picture and cover the picture, than there is no way to get rid of them without visible mark.
    If they are as a stream, than DVDSubEdit will see it.

3. barb1

barb1 Guest

Oh that's great. thank you again for helping. Much appreciated.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If the subs are not hardcoded,and if you have the DVD remote, just turn them off. It is not worth it going again through the process of editing the movie and stripping the subs. Depending on the movie, some might have forced subtitles(like if they talk in a different language in some parts of the movie). If you remove the subtitles, you lose the forced subs also. I always leave the english subs in the movie.By removing them you don't really save any space anyway.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

6. barb1

barb1 Guest

Hi guys, thank you for that bit of info.
    The movie The Holiday, didn't have sub titles when I watched it before burning, so I didn't have a clue that subtitles would be on the copy!! Now I shall be aware of this as same thing happened when I just did a trial on another movie without subtitles on original but appeared on the copy too. So shall watch in shrink to disable subs? in future.
    Thanks again for prompt attention to may requests, I do appreciate it.

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No problem...happy burning.

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

cyprusrom gave some good advice. You never know what subtitles are needed unless you check for them. Sometimes forced subtitles are embedded into the regular subs. You can check for this using DVDSubEdit. A good example is the new release We Own The Night.

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

People are so frustrated, bothered about subtitles.Just turn them off with the remote.I understand if one doesn't have the DVD's remote, the dog chewed it or something, and the universal remote can't operate subtitles.Otherwise,if you remove them, you gane maybe 2-3MB on the disc, which ,when you transform those in compression percenatage, you just save maybe 0.0some% compression-absolutely insignificant.
    Not even worth a mouse click, IMHO.