1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

map mods in halo 2.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by john7435, Apr 28, 2007.

1. john7435

john7435 Member

Hello. i'm planning to softmod my xbox soon. after i softmod it, i have a few questions.

--I have the halo 2 multiplayer map pack (from the cd) and it works great. i'm currently downloading some stuff for softmodded xboxes and the torrent has the "Killtrocity Map Pack". it says they have all been converted to".map" files (which i checked in the torrent, and they are all .map files), so if i just transfer them to the same folder as the Multiplayer Map Pack levels, will i be able to play them in halo 2 using the halo 2 cd?
    (and also, what will this folder be?)

-- also, i heard you can change the light colour on your xbox, how do i do this?

thanks..Taylor

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

all you have to do is copy the killtrocity folder to your games folder and you can play it off the hard drive. or you can make an iso using quix or xiso and burn to a disc. the light color is usualy changed when you mod your xbox.

3. john7435

john7435 Member

ok..so my halo 2 doesn't have to be on my xbox to do this? it can still be on a cd?
    and also..would u happen to know the directory of the folder?

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

it will probably be e:/games or f:/games. you can choos whhere your games folder is.

5. joho5

joho5 Member

can someone tell me how to manually patch and sign the maps on killtrocity map pack vs1

most of the maps are done automatically with serenity, but there are a few that you have do do manually.

if someone could, help me out with this.

i have ppf - o - matic and all the files and maps i need...i just need to know what to do.

thanks

6. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

do you have the patches for the maps. and if you do what kind are they

7. joho5

joho5 Member

yes i have the original and patches...they are the sppf patches

i have the sppf - o - matic program also. the colors are all crazy.

i just dont know what to do with it....i see where i can put the map file in and the patch file, but when i click go or whatever and it does its thing...is there an end file or something somewhere?

if you could help id really appreciate it.

thanks

8. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

For .SPPF (super PPF) go to super ppf o matic (its very groove colors right?) anyways look at the bottom and look for map file then click the floppy symbol look for the map that your appling the .SPPF to and double click it.then look right underneath it it should say
    .sPPF file or patch file click the symbol to the right of that look for the .SPPF file to patch the .map file then hit apply SPPF (THE .PPF FILE MUST MATCH THE .MAP FILE OR IT WILL SAY THAT YOU FAILED TO LOAD THE MAP)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/338590

9. joho5

joho5 Member

ive seen this, but when i do it, and it applies...where does the end map file go? the modded map? it goes through its thing and the meter goes across, and then thats it, i dont know where to go get my file so i can ftp it.

do you understand or am i unclear?

thanks for your help though, it is much appreciated.

10. joho5

joho5 Member

when i put the original map in there, then the sppf in the other and tell it to do its thing...is it patching the original? and is it supposed to change the name of the original map file, or do i do that. otherwise it would just keep its original name. or if its supposed to patch the map and then create a whole new modded map with a new name, where does that go? see i was just assuming i would click apply and then it would create a whole new map file. i think i was wrong, basically i just need to know how the sppf - o - matic works.

thanks

11. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok, look at sppf o matic and see if there are any output options. you should be able to select were you want the map to go. also i think some maps are renamed when it is patched but not on all maps. and usualy the original map is copied then patched. but if you cant find the patched map then it is probably patching the original. so see if you can find output option then just select were to put the new map. if not then it is probably the original map, fix the encryption and put it back in your maps folder. play it and see if it is modded.

12. john7435

john7435 Member

hey im back..are the Killtrocity Map Pack maps system linkable to a non-modded xbox??

13. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

no they are not. but they are with another modded xbox that has the map pack

14. john7435

john7435 Member

ok..so just makin sure..once i softmod my xbox using SID 5.0 and do nothing else after that, i can just put the maps in the games folder and they work? or is there another step?

15. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

yes they should work. just move the folder called killtrocity to your xbox.

16. joho5

joho5 Member

well you have to make a correct folder with the media, fonts, etc...

when you want to get the killtrocity packs working...contact me cause i could walk you through it.

ive heard of people modding their box, putting the maps on the hard drive, then unmodding them.

but i just put mine on a dvd-r and run it off a disc so i dont have to use hdd space.

by the way i got the maps patched last night...it was just patching the original.

17. john7435

john7435 Member

well im about to mod it today and put them on..when i downloaded the torrent it came in a folder like this

KILLTROCITY FOLDER
    - MAPS (folder inside KILLTROCITY)
    - MEDIA (folder inside KILLTROCITY)
    default.xbe (file inside KILLTROCITY)

------------
    MAPS FOLDER
    - FONTS (folder inside MAPS)
    -all map files (inside MAPS folder)

------------

MEDIA FOLDER
    FILES:
    arialuni.ttf
    command line.txt
    dlcustom.rdf
    dlcustom.xbr
    dlres.rdf
    dlres.xbr
    sound.xsb
    wave.xwb

18. john7435

john7435 Member

is what i just posted above already in the folders amd stuff it needs to be? can i tranfer them once its softmodded?

19. joho5

joho5 Member

looks right bro...is it in a main folder called halo 2 killtrocity or something like that? you can either just ftp that whole folder to your box in your "games" folder, or you can make that folder into an iso file and burn the image to a dvd-r and save your hard drive space and just run them off the disc.