1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz announce new SR8400 A/V Amplifier

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Oriphus, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Marantz America announced the introduction of its Model SR8400 A/V Receiver, a leading-edge 7.1-channel home theater receiver featuring advanced Dolby Pro Logic IIx surround processing. The new Model SR8400 completes Marantz' lineup of five high-performance A/V receivers, including its flagship SR9300 and the 7.1-channel Dolby Pro Logic IIx SR7400, as well as the SR6400, SR5400 and SR4400, each offering the industry's most advanced performance and convenience features with total installation flexibility.

SR8400: Same Outstanding Performance and Features of Marantz's Flagship SR9300
    Marantz' new SR8400 was engineered to deliver extraordinary sound quality and installation flexibility, utilizing many of the same leading-edge technologies and features that have set the company's flagship SR9300 apart from all competitors in the high-end home theater marketplace. Like the SR9300 it features gold-plated connectors and custom components, with a heavy-duty mechanical construction featuring an all-copper chassis and double bottom plate. A Massive Toroidal Transformer provides and astoundingly clean 110watts x 7 power output for authoritative, effortless reproduction of movie soundtracks and music. In addition, the newly developed all Discrete Current Feedback (SA-ready) amplifier design enables the receiver to deliver a minimum of 70 percent of its two-channel power rating when driving five channels simultaneously-a far more robust "real world" specification than competitive models.

The SR8400 is engineered for superlative sound quality, featuring 192 kHz/24-bit D/A converters on all 7 channels along with the latest Cirrus Logic CS49400 32-bit DSP processor, for maximum resolution, dynamic range and channel separation, and comprehensive bass management facilities with variable Crossover Points (source direct and pure direct).

2. FAK

FAK Member

Nice ! =)

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It sure is, but no doubt will be very expensive...

4. jeff-o

jeff-o Member

Hopefully they've fixed that pesky Cirrus DSP problem! I would be a little pissed if my $2500+ receiver didn't perform flawlessly...

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, it wouldnt be at all good for the Marantz brand which in the past has always stood for quality...

I believe the chip has been fixed. In fact ill let you know on Monday, since my new SR5400 will be coming with the new Cirrus set-up. Did you check your PM as i gave you a contact number in the states to talk to Marantz directly about it...