1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March of the Penguins

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by bnordjr, Dec 1, 2005.

1. bnordjr

bnordjr Member

At 1st I used AnyDVD w/Clone DVD2 for this (Main Movie Only) & it turned out great, so I thought I would Use FabDVD to decrypt then use DVD Rebuilder w/CCE, as I usually do for my own personal library(due to excellent Video quality), BUT this turned out horrible, frame freezining about every minute, any suggestions? Could it be DVDFab or DVD Rbuild?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Did you just do the main movie only with RB, because this movie is only 1hr and 20 mins long and will fit on a 4.7g disk fine with no need for RB, you are getting an exact copy. Shrink only took 2 minutes to transfer the image.

3. bnordjr

bnordjr Member

I encoded the entire disc, first time this has happend to me with RB, switched to diff. type disc (from Ritek to TDK) no better, then burned with Alcohol 120 instead of Nero, same result.

4. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

i just used Fab and Shrink and whole disc turned out fine.

5. DemonDog

DemonDog Regular member

There are some movies that CCE just doesn't do well on, at least in my experience. Animation is one, I use another encoder if I'm backing up animation disks (HC mode works well), perhaps "March of the Penguins" has some of the common issues (haven't watched it yet) with animation, like the fact that there is little variety in color in the frame. CCE does well on natural scenes with a variety of objects, textures and colors. Another movie that CCE botched was a U-2 concert DVD, again shot at night, so a high contrast type movie.

6. bnordjr

bnordjr Member

Thanks, great info to keep in mind