1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massaging mpg1 files for transfer to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TDivine, May 10, 2003.

1. TDivine

TDivine Guest

I have a bunch of downloaded mpg1 files which I would like to convert to mpg2(DVD) and merge together so that I can burn them to DVD. Or is it possible to author a DVD with more than one mpg2 file, one following another? (The way one can put more than one mpg1 on a VCD.)

What is presently the best/easiest software to use for this kind of massaging? Any freeware?

2. bee

bee Member

I use ulead movie factory 2 ,you can author mpeg1 files to dvd with chapters ,menus ect
    It's as simple as import the files choose a menu style from the preset templates and author, you can burn strait to disk make an image (iso) or dvd folders (ifo's).
    It's an excellent,powerful bit of software

Bee....
    P.S,Chck your P.M

3. TDivine

TDivine Guest

Thanks for your message. I have Pinnacle Studio 8 (which came bundled with my drive) and I've been unhappy with it. It is very slow and buggy if you try to use files of any substantial size. Do you know how it compares with Ulead? I don't want to invest in Ulead and end up with something just as clunky.

4. bee

bee Member

I haven't used pinnacle studio 8 so i can not comment on it but i have used Sonic My DVD,Spruce-Up DVD and Ulead Movie Factory 1 and i didn't like any of them.

Bee...