1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Chip Limitations

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jesperity, May 17, 2003.

1. jesperity

jesperity Guest

I am interested in moding my XBOX and have been looking at the different mod chips. I think since I do not have a lot of experience at soldering I want to go with the Matrix chip.

However, before purchasing the chip I want to make sure that I know if there are any difference between the Matrix chip and the XECUTER Lite and Pro (other than they require soldering).

Can I perform all of the same functions using the Matrix Mod chip as I could with the Xecuter Chips? For instance, install a larger hard-drive to back-up my games, or copy my MP3 collection to use the Xbox as a home multimedia center?

I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

2. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

You can do all the same things if u have a good dashboard. The best is Evolution X. You can find the dashboard by searching it on google.
    If u install Evolution X on either the matrix or executor it will have the same functions.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox with Matrix modchip
    HDD Activity LED
    Matrix external switches[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2003
  3. jesperity

jesperity Guest

Thank you for the response. Based on what you have described it appears that the Matrix is the best choice for the non-skilled soldering type.

I am very eager to modify my x-box and am going to order a matrix chip today.

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i have no experience with the xecuter chip, but i absolutely love my matrix chip. it does everything i want it to do.