1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matrix infinity upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by colin8703, Feb 23, 2007.

1. colin8703

colin8703 Member

Hello. I've just had a matrix infinty chip put in my ps2 and want to download the latest firmware upgrade for it. It says that to burn it to disc i should use Nero or equivilent. I have an apple mac powerbook g4 and when i try to put the burnt disc in my ps2 to upgrade nothing happens. Am i thick? I am new to this. the disc has been burned using the software pre installed. An idiots guide would awesome.

2. Londor

Londor Guest

Do you have Toast? If yes select the Copy tab and then Bin/Cue Files and drag either the cue or bin file you get when unzipping the firmware to the Toast window and burn it to a CD.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  3. colin8703

colin8703 Member

I don't have it but will seek out and purchase.

Many thanks.

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

toast works great

even better there are a few free burning applications that are oprn source and work with ps2 isos as well warning thought the iso needs to be burned in toasted using the pc iso check box if you do not the ps2 disk will be burned in macintoh format which ps2 chips do not recognize

5. Londor

Londor Guest

What kind of bullshit is that. Already told you many times to stop spreading misinformation. Let's see how long it takes until you are banned from this forum again.

6. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

if its an .iso you could try Disk Utility. Apps->Utilitys-> Disk Utility. I dont know if it will do bin/Cue files. But Toast is well worth the purchase.

7. fido08

fido08 Member

hey guys i have the MI v1.88, in my PS2. I downloaded the upgraded firmware v1.93 and copy the cue file to a cdr as told, but when i place it in my ps2 and click the reset button, theupgrade screen appears and it say click the start button to upgrade, but nothing happens (the controller is in fine condition)...help plzzzzzzzz

sry about the length... :)