1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix ModChip + XBox Media Player

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sstealth, May 8, 2003.

1. sstealth

sstealth Member

I just placed an order for the Matrix Modchip (Easybuy2000) and I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1) I know the chip needs flashed, but what do you recommend to flash to it? I've heard the name Evox thrown around, but I don't quite understand everything so far. From what I understand, you flash the BIOS and it allows you to run other non-approved software and replaces the dashboard. I only want to use my XBox to play DivX and songs using the awesome looking XBox Media Player...my only question is how do I get the Xbox to see the Media Player?? I have yet to find instructions online so I was hoping someone here could steer me in the right direction. FYI: I plan on using Samba shares to share the media files, so I'm not upgrading my hard drive - is a hard drive change required to use the media player?

Thanks in advance,
    Jacob

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

3. sstealth

sstealth Member

Thanks for your response. I have checked out both of those places. My only concern now is using the Matrix chip with XBox live. I've read articles talking about how I should save something in case I wanna use XBox live, but I didn't understand them.

Also, I use Linux, I was wondering where I could find the programmer in Linux? They discuss it on the Matrix website, but they don't provide a link to it.

I saw the Media Player on TechTV (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/howto/story/0,24330,3423271,00.html) and it looked awesome - the interface and the features are just what I'm looking for.

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

hey Dank, i feel your pain bro, but i got it beat! I waited 2 months for my chip, and when i got it the chip was bad, I sent it back and waited another month and a 1/2 and it finally arrived today. if this one is bad i'm going to freak out!! I'll never get another thing from easycrap2000.com. i did end up with an extra programmer though, at first i thought the programmer was bad and they just sent me another one, no questions asked. but it still didn't work so i assumed the chip itself was bad. i sent my stuff to seamonkey and he confirmed that the chip was faulty, so i sent both the chip and the programmer back and kept the other programmer. a new chip and programmer arrived today. hopefully this one will work.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I got my chip and everything works great. but when i go to run the XBmediaplayer, it freezes on the main screen with the menu. i cant select any buttons or anything, it's just stuck there. anyone got any ideas?