1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D311 Media

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wdtrey, Mar 1, 2003.

1. wdtrey

wdtrey Member

Hey, guys. Great forum! This is my inagural post.

I have a Gateway 700XL that came with the Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D311. I've tried just about every DVD-R Media and only one has worked so far, TDK DVD-R (R4.7). But even this media doesn't work 80% of the time. I know that Pinnacle is buggy, but that's what I use for my editing. I have Nero and I've downloaded a few other programs to try, but I'm in trial and error phase and it sux. :)

Can anyone that has this drive working successfully, tell me what media and what software they are using to burn DVD's? I'm not copying... I'm editing DV.

Thanks!
    Trey

2. fishio

fishio Guest

hey trey

i use cheap unbranded media and verbatim, it seems to like bulpaq 2

fish

3. lbeck

lbeck Member

I have the 321u which is basically the same recorder and have been using it successfully for about 6 months. I am satisfied with it, but I will admit to having some problems getting it installed. I had to call the mfgr and he directed me to an obscure Panasonic site in Japan http://www.panasonic.co.jp/dvdram/english/softdl/index.html where I was able to download some updated drivers and firmware.

I was a little disappointed that Panasonic didn't have the recorder more ready for consumers, but at the rapid pace of development and market entry I guess that's what you can expect. The recorder has already been updated to the 521.

However, as I said, I'm pretty satisfied with my 321 since I've had it.