1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matshita dvd-ram sw-9581 with vob

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by madskull, Apr 24, 2003.

1. madskull

madskull Guest

have any of you came across the matshita dvd-ram sw-9581.Got VOB 6.5 supposed to be great but no luck yet any help ?

2. essexman

essexman Member

madskull, yes I have just purchased a new comp with that same drive in it, and it is giving me grief! it copies Cds ok with the supplied Pinnacle instantCD/DVD software, onto any blank cd, but I have trouble putting anything onto DVD.it get a few minutes into format on DVD-Rw , and then says "format error", it maybe the drive is picky on what brand to use , so i am going to post for a reply.

3. madskull

madskull Guest

essexman,since i started that thread, i've been round the block try this software and that:
    They told me that vob clashes with nero, so I got rid of nero, since then i've primo prassi recordnow max, Both of which are not compatible with the drive, downloaded alcohol 120% which looked dodgy so i didnt install it.
    Then uninstalled all the crap I had, reinstalled nero burning rom, updated it to latest version which also does dvds, and burned my first ps2 game wrc2 extreme(dvd)successfully
    Then tried pro evelution soccer2 but that didn't work, but looking at the burned disc could see bad sectors, must be the copy protection one the original! Im gonna try clone cd soon as i got some more dvd-r's.
    So you could give nero a go, but you'll have to uninstall vob instant cd/dvd first. good luck

4. essexman

essexman Member

Madskull , hi again latest is the drive using the preinstalled software can burn Yellow Datawrite classic DVD-R discs ok , but not their DVD-RW disks,I get "format error" every time.the comp manual is so sketchy, it doesnt even mention the multirecorder at all, and I begin to wonder if it does support DVD-RW, I know the Pinnacle s/w does.If you ever get to try a DVD-RW on yours let me know!.I think you are right about the software you have , too many conflicting drivers around, start afresh.

5. djphoenix

djphoenix Member

hi there

Ive just got a matshita sw 9581 too and im having some major problems with it, mostly the fact that it wont recognise any dvd's i put in the drive at all, itll read cds but wont write them and obviously wont write dvds as it wont even register theres anything there...

The place i got it from reckons it could be driver issues, but couldnt be any more help than that, any suggestions? ive tried updating the firmware but that doesnt seem to work, so can anyone give me any more suggetions?

Thanks

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hmmmm.....What does this all tell you. BUY A PIONEER!

7. essexman

essexman Member

To DJPhoenix. My problem with the Matshita SW 9581 drive is solved.It only processes the DVD-R and DVD-RW disks. The Datawrite DVD-RW it just does not like,the manufacturers suggested using Panasonic or TDK DVD-RW disks, it is happy with them,which I did , and it is happy with them.My driver software is the Pinnacle instant dvd/cd v 7, bundled in the OEM software,and I did do a system before I found it was Media trouble.If you need anymore help , just shout, Essexman

8. gadgetcan

gadgetcan Member

Essexman, was your drive in a "Time" computer by any chance. I've got one as well and just cant get the thing to write on memorex DVD-RW disks

9. sleuth

sleuth Member

Hi I have recently purchased a Time PC. It has a Matshita DVD- Ram drive SW 9581. When I have tried to copy a movie from the E drive (ROM) to the D Drive using either Nero or Clone DVD , the D drive does not appear to recognise the blank DVD (a TDK DVD R). In addition I get an error message stating that the D drive is not accessible and the request could not be performed because of an I/O error. Can anyone offer any advice on how i make the blasted thing work!

10. essexman

essexman Member

Hi guys, Yes my computer is the "Time" S3809 Powerstation.Have had so much trouble with the Burning of DVD-R disks, have taken it to local computer shop to have a PC-TV card put in for tv capture, and they have loaded me up Nero Express , and I can use that aok

11. andy1982

andy1982 Member

Hi
    So just to sum up what is the best progams and dvd-r media to use with this drive to backup Ps2 Xbox and normal dvd films?
    Thanks
    Andy

12. essexman

essexman Member

Andy .
    discs I have used which seem ok are
    1. Datawrite DVD-R classic yellows
    2. TDK-RW for practise to save making too many coasters .
    It does not read Datawrite DVD-RW discs (zero out of 10 times).Drive makers said stick to TDK or Panasonic dsics

13. jpieter

jpieter Member

I also have a Time computer with this dvd-ram installed.The only problem is I cannot even burn cd-r or cd-rws. I had Nero on but I have now uninstalled it. The message that keeps coming up is 'no disc installed,pleas put disc in' The only trouble is there was a disc in? Any ideas?

14. wklaw

wklaw Member

I too bought the same Time computer with the Matshita DVD-Ram SW-9581. I installed Nero 5 but it caused error during CD-copying, so I uninstalled Nero, but during uninstall process, the PC got screwed up. Now DVD drive can only play CD and can't burn any CD nor DVD. The error said 'Driver Initalization error: Programming interface could not be initilized.' Another message from Pinnacle said 'No CD-R or DVD-R drive detected!' Does it mean the driver got screwed up and I need to reinstall the DVD-RAM driver? Where can I get this Matishita driver ? Time computer does not supply any driver infomation/file. Please help! What should I do ?

15. jpieter

jpieter Member

I also get the same message from my Time computer as talked about in an earlier thread.
    At the moment I cannot play/record any cd,r or dvd it is so annoying.

16. wklaw

wklaw Member

If you go device manager and right click, then uinstall driver, then right click to install the driver again. It will automatic picks up the default driver and you should be able to play the CD/DVD again.

However, this does not solve 'Burn' problem, it only allows you to play CD/DVD, but not any 'Burning' allow. I presume it default driver is not the proper driver, does anyone knows where I can download the correct driver, if indeed that is the problem ?

17. essexman

essexman Member

The Pinnacle software for the "Time" computer resides in the bundled OEM "reload" disc ", that you will have to pay £99 to buy (like I did).A cheaper solution , rather than spending £1 per minute talking to "Time" for ages , is to take it to the local computer shop ,I was charged £69 , which included and ace Kobian Mercury P.C. capture card,(captures T.V.F.M. radio, and analogue camcorder footage .Card was £39 and labour was £30, was done in 1 day, and no grief.Oh btw they installed Nero Express for free too. Which works great and recognises my Mashita drive.

18. sleuth

sleuth Member

Tucked away in the "readme" file in Instant Copy software on my Time PC is the following piece of information.

You must erase a CD-RW before copying to it or start with a blank disc. To erase a disc within InstantCopy, insert it into the drive and right-click the drive letter and select "Erase".

I had previously copied a movie to my hard drive. Once I had erased the DVD -RW and used Instant Copy, to burn the disk everything worked well. I have yet to try a DVD - R however.

Hope this tip helps.

19. wklaw

wklaw Member

Essexman, would you recommend your local PC shop to me ?

20. bengo

bengo Member

for what its worth, a mate has the old time/matsushita combo and when I was having disk problems we tested "ice"dvd-r from SVP communications and datawrite classic red dvd-r on his and they worked just fine!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]bengo[/small]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2003