1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matshita UJ-830S Firmware

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by permiggs, Jan 7, 2007.

1. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hi all.

I'm looking to update the firmware of my laptop's burner (running ver-1.80) but in 'The firmware page' i can only find the firmware for the UJ-830B and UJ-831S. Should i dare try one of those? If i should, then which one?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No you shouldn't, you will end up frying your drive and leave it useless.

If there is no firmware update for your drive, then that's pretty much tough. Unless it's got the same chipset as another drive which you could try to crosflash to.

3. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hi Ripper.
    Yeah, that's what i was thinking about doing. I read somewhere that this drive takes the same firmware as the 831S, but i don't want to rely on a dubious source.
    Anyway, the burner still works on my shiny ones, but it's not recognizing them specifically hence the possible need to an update.
    Thanks anyway mate.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try cleaning the laser with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Just rub it in little circles for 10 seconds or so, and then rub it dry, leaving NO residue on the laser. Or, you could run a Laser Cleaning Disk through your drive. These can be bought @ places like Staples or Pc World quite cheaply.

That might just do it for you ^^

:)