1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maxell DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paul1950, Feb 15, 2005.

1. paul1950

paul1950 Member

I have been burning Memorex DVD-R's about 150 of them. a friend wanted me to burn some things for him so he bought me some maxell DVD -R data Video disks. I put one in my NEC DVD RW ND-1300 and tried to burn a movie and it will not work. is there something that I have to do I don't know about?

Thanks

2. cruester

cruester Member

Well it would depend on what movie you're trying to burn.
    Some movies are harder to copy than others. Or it could be that the Maxells are bad. Sometimes bad media can really mess things up. What exactly is the problem/error your getting and what program are you using to burn?

3. brobear

brobear Guest

What speed is the Maxell media and is the firmware up to date for the burner? Normally, just changing media brands wouldn't make much of a difference, especially since Maxell is usually supposed to be a better disc than the Memorex.

4. paul1950

paul1950 Member

I am using Nero to burn. Trying to burn first season of 24. Burned 1 of the 6 using Memorex and had no problem. If I put a Maxell in the Drive acts like there is no disc in there. And I click burn and nothing happens. The Maxell is 4X same as the Memorex. My burner is also 4X.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Check out the Maxell disc with DVDInfoPro (freeware) http://www.dvdinfopro.com . Put the disc in the burner and test it by clicking the icon with the magnifying glass. Make sure the right drive is selected.