1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe a goofy question, but...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by divxneil, Mar 21, 2005.

1. divxneil

divxneil Member

...I was wondering about this:
    A lot of times, many of my friends lend me PC games in NOT protected CDs, containing a "crack" folder and file. These CDs are much easier to copy, right? Is there any difference between them and those I can make by using Alcohol (and taking too much time, about an hour!!!)??? How can I make my games in CDs like that? Thanks a lot.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You can't. Usually those CDs come from some games (now many games do this) whose protection performs a CD check only after the installation (or asks for a serial number and, after the installation, the game runs performing the CD-check). This CD-check , unless you make a 'perfect' 1:1 copy of the original CD, can often be avoided by using a pre-cracked exacutable (e.g. GAME.EXE) instead of the original one, which runs the game without the protection check.
    Those disks were simpy the foriginal installation files with an extra directory containing such pre-cracked executable.
    But
    1) the game mustn't do that check during the installation
    2) you must find a cracked executable (unless you're able to do by yourself) to put in a CD toghether with the original files

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. divxneil

divxneil Member

r u sure about that? Cause I always see those CDs and they are not only from games without protection, but from all games. some people sell it here and their list contains EVERY single new game. So... Any suggestions?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Believe me. The original games have no \crack directory on them, being also unprotected...wouldn't it be a silly thing for the game companies?

5. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

i agree with aldaco. that's 100% for sure.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  6. divxneil

divxneil Member

no no no, i don't mean there is a crack directory, neither that the games are unprotected, i just say that some people make those cds, that much easier to copy. i was wondering how, so i can make those too

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@-divxneil-

You wanna know how to make a backup of an unprotected game?

If this is your question then you can use nero just by making a data cd.