1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDS/MDF creation

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 3rRoR, Dec 18, 2005.

1. 3rRoR

3rRoR Member

Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure out how to make a 6 disk game into these 2 files? I can't find any tutorial anywhere on how this can be done. Now that I can't figure it out, it really strikes my interest! Can someone point me in the right direction on how this can be done? Thanks for any help you may have.

Eric

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Hmmmm... it looks like you're in the wrong forum here. What would you like to backup/burn (ie games, PS2 or XBOX)? Maybe I'll hollar at my buddy "creaky" to teleport this thread, but without knowing what you want to do, I can't help much.

According to my understanding after reading your question 2 times, it sounds like you want to make/backup 6 games into 2 files or 2 discs? You need to be specific and clear on that. As far as MDF creation, I've never seen/heard of them before. However, MDS is a file that is ripped by DVD Decrypter and created afterward, so you can burn it again with DVD Decrypter, such as PS2 games.

3. 3rRoR

3rRoR Member

lol sorry for not being clear...I've been digging on this for a few day without any luck. I bought COD2 witch is 6 disks. I want to take those disks and make a MDS/MDF image that can be mounted with Alcohol 120%. I've seen people do this with the new games, but I can't figure it out. In the Nero (ISO) menu, it gives the option to make UDF, UDF/ISO. I think it's done there, but not sure. Thanks for the replay,

Eric

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Is COD2 a combination of games? If so, what kind of games (PS2 or XBOX)? There is a tutorial/guide on the PS2 forum show how to burn at least 3 - 5 or 6 games onto a single DVD-R or DVd+R disc. You'll need to do a search on that, it's there somewhere. However, I haven't done and or tried that process yet, so I can't say that it's working or not.

Your best bet is to have DVD Decrypter rip the files into your hard drive first then have DVD Decrypter write them on a High Quality media like YUDEN, Verbatim or Maxell (Hitachi Corp. - made in japan), make sure to keep the burning speeds at 4X, especially if it's a PS2 game.

In query to Nero Burning Rom, as far as I know, it won't burn anything that's over 2GB for ISO game. However, if the game is under 4.7GB, then it can be burned/backup with Nero Express on a 1:1 copy. Just choose the "Copy a DVD" on Nero Express and go from there. Make sure you ripped the files into your hard drive first though (you can probably rip and burn straight from your dvd-rom or dvd burner to another dvd burner, if you have 2 burners or a dvd-rom and a burner). I don't recommend that process often because there's more chances that you'll get "coasters" doing that, instead of ripping into your hard drive first.

I'm not exactly sure of what you're trying to do, but here's a few basic steps on how to backup PS2 games using DVD Decrypter:

- put original game into dvd-rom drive or dvd burner
    - open up DVD Decrypter
    - select "source" <-- where the original game is located
    - select "destination" <-- to your hard drive (make good note of that)
    - MODE, ISO, Read R
    - click on DECRYPT (now sit back and relax until it's completed)

- put high quality media into dvd burner (Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Maxell "Hitachi Corp. - made in japan"
    - MODE, ISO, Write
    - select "source" <-- choose the MDS file from your hard drive that was ripped earlier
    - select "destination" <-- to your dvd burner
    - choose 4X burning speed
    - click on WRITE (now sit back and relax until it's successfully completed)

That's it...

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'll happily teleport thread if needed, but so far am unsure of which computer/console this is for. I've figured out this is about Call of Duty 2 so far :)

6. 3rRoR

3rRoR Member

Thanks for the help alkohol! I have the PC version of COD2 (sorry for not being clear once again) and it's 6 disks to install. Maybe the guys that made the MDS/MDF files used DVD Decrypter and had the DVD version of the game....that would make since to me. For some reason, I didn't think of that, nor did I know that DVD Decrypter made those files. I would like to know how to make one DVD from the 6 CD's.....think I'll head over to the PS2 forum and see if I can find it. Thanks alot for the help once again.

Eric.

7. tailschao

tailschao Regular member

i think he means it is the P.C. version of Call of Duty 2, and that it has six install discs - most modern P.C. games have multiple discs
    EDIT: great, typed too slow!

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ok, teleported to what i think is a relevant forum, if it's not the right one reply to the thread and i'll move it again

9. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You're welcome. OK, now I got you. So, I was right (I'm thingking its' Call Of Duty 2, but I'm not sure because you said it's 6 Discs). Yeah, if you do a search on "how to copy/backup multiple PS2 games into one DVD-R or DVD+R disc" then I'm pretty sure you'll come across a guide somewhere in the PS2 forum.

Again, DVD Decrypter generated MDS and ISO files only. It doesn't generated and or recognize any MDF files.

Good luck!!