1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media center edition problem

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Chimera33, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Chimera33

Chimera33 Member

Hey everyone. I just got the MCE OS on my comp. I got one of thoes HP compters that comew with MCE and the PVR and software to go with it. Its nice and everything but I got a problem. I use Dish Network as my satelite. The problem is when I'm setting up my video in media center and I select S-video as my working signal it show the video with audio. But when I get everything all done and everything and I select live tv I either get static or if I switch to ch.4 the ch that I have my satelite box set to I get very bad picture not S-video quality, I know that I'm not going to get great qulity b/c its from a tv but the signal that I'm getting is really bad and the audio is dull. So how do I get it so that I'm watching TV through S-Video?

2. pfh

pfh Guest

Not sure, but should't the "working" signal be the coax line from your dish- not s-video?
    The way i understand these setups is- dish signal goes to pc then output from pc goes to tv.

3. Chimera33

Chimera33 Member

well, I'm not exactly sure but there is ports for a coax and also s-video. I know that their both output ports also. The dish reciever that I have has output for coax,s-video, and also omponent video. The problem that I'm getting is that when I set it up for s-video the comptuer actualy is showing me a working signal with picture and sound, but when I finsh setup and go to live tv in media center its on channels and non of the channels show anything. So I guess that my problem is that I dont know how to switch between channels and video mode maybe? I mean that signal is working durring the setup so I guess that it is the fact that I need to figure out how to switch between the two modes unless they didnt make MCE with different modes like a tv (channels/Video). The whole thing is that coax looks very bad when the sginal is comeing through even in the setup video preview, but s-video and even component looks very good. But then again that is to be expected considering that s-video and component video are much superior to coax.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005