1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

* Media Centre help PLEASE!!! *

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by flashbrom, Nov 20, 2005.

1. flashbrom

flashbrom Member

Hi there, I am having major audio and visual problems on my pc and It's driving me nuts...basically my problem with my sound is I can't get my sound card to output digital s/pdf, and I can't get my graphics card to display the correct aspect ratio during DVD playback in MCE.

I have a Sound blaster audigy 2 ZS sound card with a digital out... when I select audio settings in the MCE settings menu, It gives me an intervideo(winDVD) setup menu with 2 drop-down combo boxes...in the 1st one I can choose between anologue-2 channel(drfault)/4channel/5.1 channel. and s/pdif....every time i select s/pdif and hit the save button it automatically reverts back to the default setting...I've played with the audio settings in control panel and have selected 7.1 surround speakers in the speaker config section. In advanced volume controls I've selected the digital out only box...I've basically tried everything and it still doesn't work. any suggestions??

With my video...in WinDVD my aspect ratio adjusts perfectly and displays perfectly on my projector, however in media centre the display is squashed...I have a geforce 6600...what settings do I change and how do i find them>>

All my drivers are up to date and my pc is virus free(as far as i know) Please help me,,,,

2. megastars

megastars Member

I have the exact same setup and problem! Please let me know if you find a solution!

3. Darkmagic

Darkmagic Member

um...i am not 100% sure about the video but i think that if u go to option on ur windvd it should give u the option of either 16:9 or 4:3 as far as aduio i think u can set it up though the option in windvd....again i am not 100% sure and also make sure that the softwares that u have support it i am not 100% sure if they do or not cause i dont have the setup but make sure it does...and also make sure that u plug everything right

4. pbuckley

pbuckley Member

Hi

Are you using the latest drivers? Have you tried another decoder (like nvidia purevideo) to see if it helps?

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hmm..

i would first suggest to try using powerdvd instead of windvd..

w/poweredvd and mce 2005, you get a dvd video/audio options screen in MCE and it allows you to choose your screen size and also your audio output (2,4,5,spdif out)...

peace

6. yaohua

yaohua Member

hiii i just instelled my windows media center on to my computer but for some reason i cant get the progam running every time i open it all i see is black screen and nothing is happening if u have any idea plzzzzzz let me know thxxx

7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

do you have a 3rd party mpeg decoder installed? (ie WinDVD or PowerDVD?)

MCE requires one to playback TV and also be sure you have MCE Drivers for your tv tuner... only MCE Drivers work for TV Tuners in MCE2005..

peace