1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media on the Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by vanisher, Mar 16, 2005.

1. vanisher

vanisher Member

Does anyone know if there is anyway to stream video or audio files to the gamecube, through any programs created, Either with a mod chip, SDLoad, or even the BBA and PSO method?

I want to be able to start my cube up and just use it to listen to audio files, like music, or watch videos stored on my computer, a mini DVD, or my memory card.

Also, would SDload work if I sent the files necessary through the BBA to the memory card, without using an SD card, and then used action replay for the rest?

Lastly, is it possible to do a disc swap by starting Goldeneye with Disc one, choosing multiplayer, and then it will ask for disc 2, instead, put in the burnt GC games?

I cant really test my ideas because I am missing one peice for each thing, either the action replay, the modchip, but if I could figure how to do this, I will buy the necessary hardware. Thanks in advanced

2. Squished

Squished Member

The only way to use the gamecube as a media player is to run linux on it... and from looking at the gamecube linux webpage, is definately not for the beginner.

Basically you use PSO (with BBA) or Action Replay to load a linux kernel, and then it finished booting from a linux share.

After all that, you can run MPlayer.

http://www.gc-linux.org/