1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player Classic Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by slugrider, Feb 6, 2006.

1. slugrider

slugrider Member

I don't know what's happened but MPC has suddenly stopped displaying any kind of screen when playing AVI files, and now only plays audio. It doesn't, however, seem to have any problem playing DVD files. Can someone help?

2. pitbull07

pitbull07 Member

Do u have the right Codecs to play the videos u want?
    If not download ffdshow and install it.

3. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

If you go to MPC's Options menu, there is a menu that says Internal Filters (it could have changed for the newer versions), and at the top of the left columb it should say "Source Filters". Uncheck the box that says "AVI" and see if that works.

If that's not the problem, it could be that the Output options could have been changed. You should to Playback>Output, and make sure that you have DirectX 9 installed, and under "DirectShow Video", tick the circle next to "VMR9 (renderless) **". That should allow you to play any subtitles as well.

As for using FFDShow, I would recommend using the version hosted at the sourceforge page, which is at:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761&package_id=59355&release_id=274595

If you have a CPU that supports SSE, I would recommend the version ffdshow-20041012-sse.exe. In comparison to other versions and the other two there (ffdshow-20041012-sse[bold]2[/bold].exe and ffdshow-20041012.exe), it is by far more optimized and faster, not to mention it uses the least amount of CPU usage when playing.

Write back after you try these things out.