1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media type and burners

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JuJuMagic, Sep 2, 2004.

1. JuJuMagic

JuJuMagic Member

i'm using a khypermedia dvd 8x rw burner with 4x media and my movies that i've converted from avi to dvd are comming out messy.. the pixelation is all messed up. i used to have a tosihaba or whatever name it is burner.. which was a 4x dvd burner and when i did movies on it, it came out clear as day.. my question is, is it possible to use media with burners that are different speeds? meaning if i have a 8x burner and have 4x media? because from my results i've done, it's comming out messy.. also, is their a program that converts avi to dvd besides cucusoft?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

There shouldn't be any problem using 4X media in an 8X burner, I do it all the time.

Are you using the same media in the Khypermedia as you did in the Toshiba? Media can make a huge difference.

Have you updated the firmware for the Khypermedia?

What speed is the Khypermedia burning the discs at? Some 8X burners have firmwares that will allow the driv e to burn at 8X on certain 4X media and the results can be mixed since the faster the burn the more chance for errors.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  3. JuJuMagic

JuJuMagic Member

the burner speeds are 8x4x12x DVD±RW and i'm using 2 different types of media.. one is khypermedia disc which are 4x and a generic brand which are also 4x and works.. on my previous dvd burner..

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Khypermedia and generic media are of very low quality and best avoided.

My guess would be that the media you're using isn't compatible with your new burner. You're old one may have been more tolerant of substandard media. A firmware upgrade might solve the problem but I'd suggest using better media even if it does. RiDATA branded Riteks are the best deal going. They're outstanding quality and very affordable at around $40-$50 for a spindle of 100.