1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MediaPlayerClassic brightness/contrast/color adjustments?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by griezzel, Aug 13, 2007.

1. griezzel

griezzel Member

I've been searching for weeks for a way to make adjustments to brightness, contrast and color in Media Player Classic to no avail. Can someone please explain how it's done? I know there must be a way.

For some reason I can't open the Help File. I've downloaded and unzipped it, but when I open it it says the website cannot be accessed.

2. griezzel

griezzel Member

I use VLC player to view most files on my HDTV, because I can set preferences for brightness, contrast and gamma. But with my old, slow computer I must use Media Player Classic (with CoreAVC) for viewing 720p HD files, but they need the same brightness and contrast adjustments as all other files viewed on the TV.

(Using the controls on the TV will not produce the desired results)

Does anyone know know how I can make brightness adjustments to MPC?

Help please!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. griezzel

griezzel Member

Problem solved!

I did a search on the VideoHelp forum and found an answer to the same question about making adjustments to the MPC disply on a TV.

The simple solution is to make the adjustments with the video card manager. I just installed my first video card a few weeks ago (still new to all this) and hadn't yet realized such a thing was possible. I was able to program hotkeys to use to fine tune the picture on any video.

I'm one happy camper now!