1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medium Not Present--Memorex 52MAX

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Achaea, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Achaea

Achaea Member

Ok,

I have an external Memorex 52Max CD/DVD burner and I can't get any program to recognize there's a blank disc in the burner. And it's burned data on DVD before.

I've tried ImgBurn, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and Nero 8--all of them tell me there's no disc in the burner, when I know there is. I've opened the burner door, reloaded, waited, nada. I've even rebooted my system.

I've used DVD+R and DVD-R blank discs. I've tried Memorex and Imation brand blank discs, too.

Nada.

I've checked the firmware, it's updated per Memorex's Web site and Microsoft Windows.

The DVD I want to copy was successfully transformed into an .ISO file on my desktop, I just can't seem to get that .ISO on to a disc because so far every program's telling me there's no medium present.

Any ideas and/or solutions?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

sorry lost here?

you say you have burnt a dvd film before ok with same drive and type dvdr's?
    these are very bad media, drive have difficulty in seeing/burning/playing Memorex and Imation

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try a better brand like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim to see if your drive can read them

you might try uninstalling reboot and let windows reinstall the drive to see if that helps