1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet the Fockers

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TahoePro, Apr 22, 2005.

1. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

i am trying to make a copy of this movie i want all the menu's and extra features but only the theatrical version of the movie...what i did was.....select what i want on the disc on dvdshrink and then hit backup disk it goes through that process and opens decrypter when it opens decrypter it is in write mode automatically do i switch to read mode and let it read and then write or just stay in write mode from the start...
    I would like to know what i do to most dvd's to make copies using "DvDShrink" and "DvDdecrypter" what order do i use them

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink will open Decrypter in the correct mode. You should not have to change anything.

When you select Backup!, make sure you select for your backup target "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter".

This will let Shrink open Decrypter at the correct time and start the burn process.

3. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

so what your saying is that i 1. open shrink, select what i want 2. backup 3. burn with decrypter?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yes. Just remember that after you select "Backup!" you must set the target device correctly. You must tell Shrink to use Decrypter. You will not have to open Decrypter at all! Shrink will do it for you.

It is actually quite interesting to see it work. Decrypter seems to open on its own when Shrink finishes up.

Edit:
    I just want to let you know that there are a few different ways to use Shrink and Decrypter together. The way I described means that the only program you touch is Shrink. You just need Decrypter installed on your computer. You will not open it or change any settings when it does open. All you need to do is watch.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  5. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

this movie has a theatrical and extended version will the rules still apply

6. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

what is the subpicture i know i dont need spanish french.. but there are 3 english subpictures which do i need if any

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Subpicture is actually subtitles (the writing on the screen when people talk) unless you are deaf there is no need for them :)

8. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

i just read scooba pete's guide......very very helpful

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

bbmayo has some good guides as well.
    It is a bit tricky for the first few burns but then it gets really easy. Should only take one or two minutes to set up a burn and walk away for 20-40 minutes.

Let us know how it goes...and, Welcome to Afterdawn!
    Frank

10. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

tks for the welcome ,,,,,when do i lose the newbie title

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

12. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

After you make 50 posts I think. There is a thread somewhere that has that info. I'll come back and do a edit if I find it.

I always tell people to go for it! Hanging around Afterdawn is the best way to get good at this. Read some posts, help out when you can. We are just like a big club here and all are welcome. I would advise you to take a look at the rules if you have not done so. Just so you know what is allowed and what is not. Common sense mostly.

Edit:
    Neph beat me to it again!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Heck 25 posts is a piece of cake. You can loose your Newbie status tonight!

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm a sore that won't go away aren't I? :p It's great to see you around Frank :)

15. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Yes you are and I hope you don't!

I'm kinda caught up on all the web stuff I'm doing so here I am.
    Im going to PM ya.

16. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

TahoePro:
    Two of the three English subtile tracts are identical in size and are for the Theatrical release (movie Title 1) and the Extended version with added scenes (movie Title 2). The third English subtitle track is very small in size. Since I have not actually seen the movie yet (but did burn the Title 1 successfully including the third English subtitle track), I would have to guess that this probably is for a short amount of foriegn language dialoge.
    To be sure I would have to watch the movie and if any other language comes up without subtitles, I would rewind back and "enable subtitles" on the player to see if text then appeared. This is what was necessary when I burned the KillBill series.