1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MeGUI with Windows 7: AviSynth error?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by 1Zo, Oct 22, 2009.

1. 1Zo

1Zo Member

I just got Windows 7, it was great until I tried to open a movie in MeGUI. I go into AviSynth Script Creator and open my .M2ts file and get this:

AviSynth Script Error:

DirectShowSource: Timeout waiting for graph to start

I've heard everything from uninstall and re-install all components to change your UAC setting. If ANYONE has any ideas about what this could really be or ANYTHING that could help me out, it would be the coolest.... If not, then i might have to go back to XP or even Vista(sad)

2. rudiev

rudiev Member

I have the same problem, using Windows 7 x64 and i think why we have this problem, allthough i don't have a solution for it. And other machine with Windows 2003 x64 doesn't have this problem.
    The problem is with blu-ray movies which are encoded with WVC1 codec. I use MediaInfo which come with the K-Lite codec pack to get the media information from media file, i recommend you to download this tool and check with which codec your .m2ts file is encoded, there should be a line 'Format: VC-1'.
    I used the program GraphStudio, http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/monogram-graphstudio/, to see the links that are used to render the video and saw that on Windows 7 x64 other renderers are used than on my Windows 2003 x64 machine. On my Windows 7 x64 machine the WVC1 blu-ray is rendered thru the 'WMVideo Decoder DMO', while on my Windows 2003 x64 it is rendered thru 'ffdshow Video Decoder'. I think here's the problem why Avisynth isn't able to open the WVC1 source, cause Avisynth uses ffdshow.
    With the K-Lite codec pack there is a little tools to set the default renderers, called Win7DSFilterTweaker, but for VC-1 i only can choose Microsoft and not ffdshow like other codecs.
    Maybe you can check this information with your .m2ts file and see if we have the same problem.

3. rudiev

rudiev Member

This should be the solution, worked with me:
    1. Enable vc-1 in ffdshow. You can do this by starting the ffdshow video decoder configuration: startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> configuration -> ffdshow video decoder configuration -> codecs -> scroll down to format VC-1 -> click on disable(or other decoder) and change it to libavcodec.
    2. Run the Win7DSFilterTweakers. Startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> tools -> Win7DSFilterTweakers -> scroll down 32-bit directshow filters to 'set as default VC-1decoder' and select ffdshow.
    3. Change splitter for .m2ts files. Startmenu -> programs -> k-lite codec pack -> configuration -> manage preferred source filters -> scroll to .m2ts files and choose Haali.
    4. Restart megui and it should be working, else reboot pc.
    Enjoy!

4. 1Zo

1Zo Member

Great work, that did the trick.... I have tried all kinds of stuff. Thanks for your help.

5. Justin_88

Justin_88 Member

Worked perfectly for me too, I was using cccp and kept getting the timeout error in megui. I removed cccp and installed the full k-lite codec pack, followed rudiev's instructions and it works perfectly now.
    Thanks

6. rudiev

rudiev Member

@Justin_88
    It is just that i'm using k-lite codec pack, but you could have done the same with cccp if you could find the rights programs i used.
    But it's always good to hear the problem is solved :)

enjoy

7. djsux

djsux Member

@rudiev - Thanks, I was running into this problem as well, and it was driving me crazy. Simple instructions & worked out with great results. Cheers!

Also, when I tried to change my ffdshow configuration, I actually didn't have the VC-1 format listed, so I had to update within MeGui. I unclicked all the update options except for ffmpeg. The VC-1 format showed up then and I was able to follow the rest of the instructions.

Many thanks!!