1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Titles

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 3dluis, Nov 22, 2005.

1. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

Hmmm, I've been wondering, I have posted 25 post here but still i am a newbie, and still have to wait 3 min till i can post lol, Any Suggestions?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

I dont think you read me right, Why didn't My title become Junior Member, I have past the 25 post count, for newbie yet im still newbie

Any Reasons why?

4. RavenLife

RavenLife Regular member

usually it takes a couple of extra posts untill it kicks in.

or there may be a time thing.

it'll change just wait.

whats the rush?

5. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

BEcause i have to wait 3 mins for post, its so annoying, when i really want to help people =P

6. ireland

ireland Active member

quote per drd,
    as I personally think you should always put more than 3 minutes' worth of thought to your posts..

7. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

Frankly i put 2, xD , i know what im doing :p

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i hate to ask this, but why have you got this in your sig -
    - just curious..

9. 3dluis

3dluis Regular member

Same reason why you have this, to help people know when how much post to get the next title. xD

Although I don't understand the Computer Specs. Why you post your Specs up? Is it like a show off thing ^_^

UPDATE: You have posted 44 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 19 November 2005 It says in my Account Page, but im still Newbie lol

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

naw, my specs are there so i can refer to them during posts, helps ppl sometimes. the links in my sig are only there so i can refer ppl to them when they're having burning problems due to crap media..

- erm, that's what this site is about, status means nothing; i can't help but feel (from the tone of this whole thread) that status is a big deal for you...not getting at you, i just can't think what else it means

11. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    status is'nt changed until the end of the month you are in . so it might not be until the first few days of next month before you see the change. LOL
    @ creaky hi :)
    your falling into the trap

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

creaky, i think you are right about the status is important to him not the posting to help other people!!

3dluis, at least post the post listings right as it appears you changed the last line. this is what appears from this link.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102943

Newbie to Junior Member -- 25 posts
    Junior Member to Member -- 100 posts
    Member to Senior Member -- 500 posts
    Senior Member to Addict -- 2500 posts
    anyone to Moderator -- determination and bribes to admins
    anyone to Admin -- decent six-figure (euros or dollars, we are not picky) lump sum to AfterDawn's Swiss bank account

13. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

@3dluis
    Welcome to AD. You have inadvertently embarked on a sensitive subject because it is not socially acceptable here at AD to post count or be too hung up on titles. Don't feel that we're being hard on you but you'll come to realize that in the large scheme of things your title does not determine the kind of advice that you dispense. You may very well have expertise in an area which far exceeds that of a Moderator. What is important is the quality of your posts. You will often see where people don't contribute to a thread but make a habit of agreeing with the previous post or make some lame remark just so as to get the post counted and it's for this reason why some of us are weary of people being hung up on titles. I must confess that like you I wasn't too crazy about the newbie title either and I feverishly tried to get rid of it, so I quite understand. But my posts consisted of asking 3 or 4 questions and the rest answering questions primarily in this forum before my status changed. A lot of us have been guilty of that which we are chiding you for. But here on AD time well spent, teaches wisdom. The fact is that any title less than Member is pretty much the same in terms of how empowered you are. For example to write a guide you have to have at least this title. So don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your title doesn't matter but don't let it determine who you are or your zeal to 'teach and learn'(to quote the words of Ddp). I am still enjoying my Junior Member title despite the fact the I am several posts past the 100 post mark for a little while now. Patience my friend and remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step - Confucious.

14. haha_lol

haha_lol Member

yeah.....what jamzbond says.
    I got kick from other site for being annoying and stupid. So i went from members to newbie all the time. and i don\'t really give a fck about it.

15. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Haha_lol, have you ever heard the song, "Drop Kick Me Jesus Through The Goal Posts Of Life"?

My guess is that your going to score 3 points on the wrong end of the forums. I think that your Newbie status may change pretty soon, but it won't change to Junior Member. Does Inactive ring a bell?

16. haha_lol

haha_lol Member

17. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

How about this one. Can you hear the thunder? (author--ddp)

18. haha_lol

haha_lol Member

not really...........

19. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

haha_lol - hey guess what, you're being annoying and stupid here too. time to grow up or get the hell out.

3dluis - 44 posts in 3 days?? try to go for quality, going for quantity just to change your status doesn't help anyone and will most likely get you banned from here.

20. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

@3dluis
    Haha_lol has provided you a first hand view of that which I speak. Nuff said.

@Haha_lol
    Thanks for providing me with the demonstration I needed to make my case to 3dluis. I know you thought that you were being counter productive but you actually have done a good deed. BTW (not that you might care) but you have been warned once already by Neph http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/255634

@GrandpaBW
    I do hear the sound of thunder.

@ Everyone
    DO NOT click on the link in Haha_lol signature or you be bombarded with pop-ups.