1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory card corrupt!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by azdaboss, Jul 14, 2012.

1. azdaboss

azdaboss Member

I was taking some pictures on my samsung galaxy s3 yesterday and randomly the camera went black. The whole phone packed up so I took the battery out and put it in again and started the phone back up.

Now my memory card isn't recognised, and even when I put it into a USB memory card reader to my PC, it doesnt show up either.

If I put the memory card in my phone, and connect my phone to PC using a USB cable, the device shows up under Portable devices, and then shows phone and memory card capacities. But when I click on the memory card, it says no files!

Any help please!? I had loads of photos and videos on the card that I need back!! It won't show up under My computer so using recovery software is pointless.

Thanks

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Was the battery low when you took the pictures and the camera turned off. Maybe you just lost the files when the camera shut off.It happened to me one time.I took some pictures and the battery died so it didn't get to store them in the memory card.

3. azdaboss

azdaboss Member

no, the battery wasn't low, it just stopped working. I just took the phone out of my pocket. memory card just disappeared, now it's inaccessible

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. ajms1989

ajms1989 Member

Memory card is in it's corruption state and loosing files is obvious. Though, You can give a single try to standard recovery software which is capable to recover lost or deleted photos even from undetectable media. One such software is stellar phoenix photo recovery, which is free to try but saving disabled in demo version. So try it before you buy it.

Let us know your progress.

Thanks
    AJMS1989